Sigeyi Axo Power Meter Spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

velolive

by velolive

alphara wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:01 pm
could someone with a sigeyi power meter do a small L/R balance test?

push lap button, pedal but push much harder with just the right foot for 1 minute and end the lap. Check what it shows as the L/R balance.

I would like to know if my unit is faulty or if its just the software problem. It shows 50-50 or 49-51 for me with this test.
Wait for the new firmware, it has to be available soon.
g32ecs wrote:
Thats 100% faulty. The other arm should be reading 0 on your computer.
Spider based powermeters do not show real balance, it an "advertisment feature"
Imho

DC Rainmaker Quarq test, start from 0:45

alphara

by alphara

with the DC rainmaker test the quarq will show some power from other leg too as you have to pull the crank on the opposite side as your other foot is unclipped.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

alphara wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:01 pm
could someone with a sigeyi power meter do a small L/R balance test?

push lap button, pedal but push much harder with just the right foot for 1 minute and end the lap. Check what it shows as the L/R balance.

I would like to know if my unit is faulty or if its just the software problem. It shows 50-50 or 49-51 for me with this test.
I've updated to the latest firmware which is claimed to solve the L/R problem. I will have a try after work.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

alphara wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:27 pm
with the DC rainmaker test the quarq will show some power from other leg too as you have to pull the crank on the opposite side as your other foot is unclipped.
Yes.
Only if you push down twice as hard and the left over momentum carry the pedal through the up stroke without pulling up then the Spider based can get left/right balance right. As soon as you have to pull the pedal up too and also apply slicing force on the top and bottom of pedal stroke, the spider based power meter will get it wrong.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Few things to note after the few hundred miles I've put on it:

As above, L/R balance is useless, but I haven't updated to the newest firmware, so that may change.

I also get random big power spikes once or twice a ride. Well not that random, its always when I get off from a light/stop sign.

I'm not sure if I can 100% trust the power data from it yet. Judging versus my historical power data it seems to be usually ballpark, but some efforts on the same ride will be lower, others will be higher. May just be different conditions to be honest. Hard to tell!

alanyu

by alanyu

Fine, I also failed to have a easy test with the latest firmware.

I thought I had successfully updated the firmware to 4.X which is claimed to fix L/R issue, but when I turned on my Garmin yesterday after work to see the details, it was still fm 2.5 version. Definitely wrong L/R estimation as it still showed near 50/50 in 90% time when I unclipped either foot or stroke hard on either side.

Asked the official seller about why it failed in updating and was told that the service is under maintenance.

One more thing is about the fast pick up of the data. I asked them how does AXO measure the cadence and was told that it measures each 90 deg instead of each 180/360 deg. It benefits in the accuracy of using oval chainrings.

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

Reading through this. Are people just buying this through Aliexpress.

alphara

by alphara

vanmatthew wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Reading through this. Are people just buying this through Aliexpress.
I did, got 1 and waiting for 2nd one

checky

by checky

Are these PMs also available for Race Face cinch cranksets?

alanyu

by alanyu

checky wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 pm
Are these PMs also available for Race Face cinch cranksets?
Yes, I saw some easton ec90sl cranks with axo in china. Easton and RF use the same cinch intetface.

alphara

by alphara

After 2.6 update the left/right balance is working perfectly. Did the test yesterday - I was pedalling with both feet but pushed much harder with one foot, got 80%/20%

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

As above, I updated to 2.6 yesterday and it seems to be reading L/R well now. I also am happy with the accuracy and repeatibility of it and would recommend it whole heartedly. It seems that some sellers on Aliexpress are selling the Xcadey counterpart for 260!

addictR1

by addictR1

Looking to pull the trigger one one. How’s the battery life? My stages drains like crazy even with the updated FW.

Also what the weight of these compared to stages? Thx

ghd

by ghd

addictR1 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 am
Looking to pull the trigger one one. How’s the battery life? My stages drains like crazy even with the updated FW.

Also what the weight of these compared to stages? Thx

Mine is going to reach over 100h of riding time according to the current battery level and elapsed ride time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

I have the sram red crank with bcd110. So I take it I’ll need the 5 hole 3 bolt version right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk