Anybody using a Hexr helmet?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
uraqt

by uraqt

Anybody using a Hexr helmet? How much does it weight? How well does it cool? Would you buy it again?

https://hexr.com/

Thanks
C

alistaird

by alistaird

Hi,
Got a Hexr a couple of months ago. Comfort is the most notable part... Ventilation seems good but I've not weighed it. Will try and do a scale shot when I get some time.

Would definitely buy again as it's the only helmet I don't notice is on my head due to the fit.

A

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

drhex

by drhex

Have one, superior fit without ratchet in the back. Haven't worn it in the heat yet so can't comment on ventilation. Weight depends on your head, your specific one is lasered into the helmet. Lighter than my previous one (Kask).

sychen

by sychen

drhex wrote:Have one, superior fit without ratchet in the back. Haven't worn it in the heat yet so can't comment on ventilation. Weight depends on your head, your specific one is lasered into the helmet. Lighter than my previous one (Kask).
Drhex.. Work for Hexr ?

As someone with a head that seems to only fit laege Giro helmets (other brands gives odd pressure spots).. Always interested in alternative solutions.

Being custom fit is nice.. But curious about not having slight adjustment options with a ratchet for winter hats/beanies..

Tighten for summer.. Relax the fit for winter caps... Not an option I guess?

And UK /EU only at this stage.. No options for Oz?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

And no adjustment for hair length. I tend to shave my head at random intervals so this would be a no go.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Etienne

by Etienne

sychen wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:12 am
Being custom fit is nice.. But curious about not having slight adjustment options with a ratchet for winter hats/beanies..

Exactly my concern about a custom fit helmet without adjustments ... I am curious how they adress the "helmet underwear" question ?
sychen wrote:
Unless you're ready to spend money for a trip to the UK from anywhere in EU, it's a UK only retailer list for now.

The idea is interesting but custom implies proximity ...

Stueys

by Stueys

I guess the Hexr is releveant if you struggle to get a good fit from the mainstream helmets, irreleveant if not. No real advantage in weight, ventiliation or aeroness and a relatively heft premium. Seems quite niche

LouisN

by LouisN

I can see a great potential custom fit TT helmet, that can be not only molded to the cyclist's head, but also to his(her) position.

Louis :)

drhex

by drhex

sychen wrote:
drhex wrote:Have one, superior fit without ratchet in the back. Haven't worn it in the heat yet so can't comment on ventilation. Weight depends on your head, your specific one is lasered into the helmet. Lighter than my previous one (Kask).
Drhex.. Work for Hexr ?

As someone with a head that seems to only fit laege Giro helmets (other brands gives odd pressure spots).. Always interested in alternative solutions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Beanie fits, haven't tried a cap. No, that is my old hacker tag, I met them at Ride London this year and ordered at the fair. Took a while to make but the result is great (so far).

drhex

by drhex

And I do have a big head, always struggle to find helmets which fit me. So was a good option for me.