Giant tcr sl 0

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Viking1874

by Viking1874

Hi folks
I have a 2019 tcr 0 disc and got a few problems with it so please help !
The ISP seat bracket creaks so annoying has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it ??
My lbs ( giant Adelaide) where I bought it were no help useless in fact .

On a other note has anyone fitted 28 mm tyres there stock giant wheels ?
Cheers

by Weenie

mr_tim

by mr_tim

For the isp- clean the faces of the post & tighten close to the max torque. If it's loose it will move around.

Note that noise you may think is coming the seat post can come from a lot of places. Saddle rail, stem, fork interface, wheel/frame faces, cables etc.

See other threads for tire answer. Very little searching finds;
Mort wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:23 pm
I have a 2018 TCR SL disc and am running 28mm Schwalbe pro 1 tubeless tires on my super wide Enve 4.5 A.R rims without any clearance issues at all. Plus, that combo runs closer to 31mm when inflated. I have a friend running the same tires on his slr0 42mm wheels and same thing, no issues. So, you’ll be fine with 28’s on there. I recommend the Schwalbe pro ones, awesome tire. Super comfortable and great rolling resistance.

integration

by integration

There was a response here about 28mm on stock wheels viewtopic.php?f=3&t=156031&p=1526871&hi ... #p1526871

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Haven't generally seen problems with them. Would say first make sure that the ISP cut is straight and clean and the topper is resting snug on it, a bumpy or poorly finished cut is the most likely culprit. Then a thin coating of fine carbon paste and a greased bolt.

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

I run 28mm Vittoria Corsas on a set of Light Bicycle AR56s. Those wheels have an internal width of 23mm and external width of 30mm. The Corsas are a little over 30mm wide on those rims. They fit fine on my TCR Disc, with about 3.5mm or more of clearance.
2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

itsacarr

by itsacarr

It’s helpful to grease the bolts on that topper. They can be pretty dry and creak. Just make sure you know it’s not actually the saddle rails.

Also I am currently running 30mm tires on that thing. And although close up front they have been perfect. Mounted on rather wide wheels as well.

Good luck.

chupster98

by chupster98

I have the previous model & the current model TCR SL IS - here are my comments:

As the previous poster indicated, grease the barrel that holds the saddle rails cradle bolt. It creaks in both model years if installed dry.

When removing the topper to grease it, check for cracks or defects on the bore/ hole where this barrel fits. The short topper on my 2012 was machined too deep & the material left was too thin & cracked over time.

Check for signs of tolerance between the topper an the post itself. I added 0.02 ( 4 layers / 2 in the front edge & 2 in the back edge) of polyester tape (used to protect threads when powder coat painting) to reduce play between both parts.You can also use tubeless tape.

Don’t over torque the topper lower bolt. I use 3.5 Nm & it holds tight enough. Value on topper is 4Nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chupster98

by chupster98

As for the tires - I installed 28mm Conti 5000 on SLR 1 wheels & they fit OK , with 4mm clearance on all sides.

Check this thread:

2018 Giant TCR Advanced SL Disc - Clearance for 28 mm Conti GP 4000s?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1874

by Viking1874

Hey thanks heaps for the help , I used silicone tape on the mast and no more creaks , can’t believe the bike shop where I bought the bike couldn’t fix , shocking service ,
On the tyres yes I think I will try the gp5000
Cheers !!!

by Weenie