SRAM etap compatible head units

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Danil

by Danil

Hi everyone,

Anybody knows what head units are working with SRAM eTap, showing battery levels, gear, etc.?

Quick search didn't give me any results

Hapatron

by Hapatron

My Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and Edge 530 both works with my Force AXS groupset.

by Weenie

Danil

by Danil

Hapatron wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:12 pm
My Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and Edge 530 both works with my Force AXS groupset.
Thanks! Any experience with older RED eTap?

Serkie

by Serkie

I can see my eTap Red gear selection on my Wahoo Bolt.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I know its a bit of a PITA but I always just check my lights when I wake it from sleep. I have been able to get two hours ride on a red light and its a good ideal to have a spare battery just in case on that day when the tab breaks off. I did glue my tab and it has held since May this year and I purchased a spare along with the warranty replacement of my broken tab. I just keep them in a rotation with the spares having a full charge so if I have a red light before my ride I just replace the battery. I also keep a spare in my gear bag so that if I am going to an event its there just in case.
Otherwise I have not seen a need for battery level on my headunit.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Jugi

by Jugi

Danil wrote: Anybody knows what head units are working with SRAM eTap, showing battery levels, gear, etc.?
Every device supporting ANT+ Shifting profile will show eTap's battery and gear status. Every bike computer which has ANT+ compatibility and has been released after 2015 should have this feature, and earlier models as well if the profile has been added via a firmware update.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

My Garmin 520 shows gears and battery for my 1st gen eTAP. Battery status is a bit rough though, it shows a little battery with 4 bars, but 3/4 does not mean you have 75% charge left, it will stay at full and only drop to 3/4 when a battery drops to red or maybe even flashing red.... so as soon as I see the status as 3/4, I charge the batteries before the next ride. No clue if more recent head units or if eTAP AXS have a more precise display.

Both gears and battery status are not that critical to me though, especially gearing, but it's there so, it's a nice little widget but if I needed a new computer, those features wouldn't be the deciding factor. If you make it a habit to check the status lights at the end of each ride (or when you start), it's easy enough to stay on top of it and never run out of batteries.

addictR1

by addictR1

I’m still on my 810.. wish there was an update so I can see the etap 11sp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NickJHP

by NickJHP

Both the Garmin 1000 and 1030 I have work with Red eTap and Eagle AXS to show battery levels and current front / rear gears. You can setup a data field to show battery level, but when it drops below a full set of bars you have to go into the sensor details to see which of the batteries it is that needs charging or (for the shifters) replacing.

by Weenie

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

Using a Garmin 830 with Red etap
Gear and battery display are working well
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.