Direct mount chainstay brakes options for TT bike

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
LouisN

by LouisN

I'm looking for a direct mount chainstay brake option for a TT bike I'm assembling.
Kind of "on a budget" for the build, so EEBrake is out of budget.
What other options are worthy, and working apropriately ? Shimano, TRP ? Did I miss another good option ?
Thanks for the suggestions :beerchug:

Louis :)

by Weenie

LewisK

by LewisK

TriRig Omega X! Not cheap, but they work well and probably the most aero (non intergrated) brake you can buy.

Tektro if you're on a tight budget!

LouisN

by LouisN

I specified direct mount, and for chainstay (under BB) rear mount. I don't think the Tririg is a good option for this kind of setup. First it needs an adapter that weakens the brake, second, the rear brake has a deflector in front so aero-ness of the brake is not as important as a seat stay mount.

LOuis :)

spud

by spud

try locating a set of FSA Non Series Direct Mount brakes. They are modern equivalents of the Suntour Rollercam brake. I have them on my road bike, and they work very well. Best part is that I can set up the rear brake so that the pads are 4-5 mm off the rim, so no pad rub when out of the saddle.

LouisN

by LouisN

Ok, I'll check for those. I also found KCNC had a chainstay direct mount rear brake on the CB12 brakeset. It should be feather weight. I can't find it as a rear only though... :(

Louis :)