cervelo r5 2021

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
robeambro

by robeambro

Ypuh wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 am
robeambro wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:23 am
Maybe it's just me, but going for "a long ride" can be done on nearly any bike (granted, if you go on a full aero bike with 60mm deep wheels and 23mm tires, maybe not the best eh).
Even that's not true. I regularly ride 200k on my Cervelo S3 with 58mm deep wheels and 24mm tyres. Also have a steel bike with 28mm tyres on wide rims, so wouldn't hesitate to grab that one if comfort was an issue.

Don't have experience with other aero bikes, but the S3 is quite comfortable to the point I still ride without gloves (admitted, I usually forget them). No trouble to go for another ride the next day. Don't trust everything that the manufacturers and media are writing because then you wouldn't be able to go out the door without buying a new niche bike before every ride.
I fully agree with you - however, having lived in your beautiful country for two years, I can safely say that 200k there on perfectly smooth and flat roads aren't representative of an average 200k for others.. :lol: I remember I used to do 100k without even noticing there, unless I wanted to go full sphinx for 3 hours my body was perfectly fine afterwards.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

robeambro wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:20 am
I fully agree with you - however, having lived in your beautiful country for two years, I can safely say that 200k there on perfectly smooth and flat roads aren't representative of an average 200k for others.. :lol: I remember I used to do 100k without even noticing there, unless I wanted to go full sphinx for 3 hours my body was perfectly fine afterwards.
Haha, true. I kind of forgot to mention that. The minute you ride into Belgium your back, hands and butt become sore and you're hoping your wheels survive all the potholes. Germany is still okay though.
Cervelo S3 - 7.35kg

by Weenie

Aeo

by Aeo

Quite similar to the Rose Reveal

maquisard

by maquisard

Created a new thread for the Caledonia -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=162591

Let's keep this one for the R5/R-series

robeambro

by robeambro

Ypuh wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 am
robeambro wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:20 am
Haha, true. I kind of forgot to mention that. The minute you ride into Belgium your back, hands and butt become sore and you're hoping your wheels survive all the potholes. Germany is still okay though.
I was in the North, but I bet cycling in South Holland would be a dream, you get all of the awesome infrastructure and perfect tarmac of the North + some hills albeit small ones + vicinity to many other countries (latter two aspects missing from the North tbh, made riding a lil bit boring). Don't tell me you live there or I'll hate you. Actually don't tell me at all since we're so OT :lol:

yellowbear1021

by yellowbear1021

Ok, so based on the Caledonia the new R5 will be like the Caledonia, but with a little higher BB, shorter head tube with some tweaks in head tube and seat tube angle. Done.

This is how I see things stacking up for now (basically restating website)

Aspero - Gravel

Caledonia - Road (All Road / Roubaix)
R-Series - Road (Enthusiast)
R5 - Road (Racing - Tour)
S-Series - Road (Enthusiast)
S5 - Road (Racing - Flat/Crits)

P - Tri / Time Trial

T - Track

C5, C3 gone Caledonia is replacement.

R2, S2 are gone. I think S3 will be gone next as there is an S-Series to replace it.

cshong88

by cshong88

Yea, I think we have to wait another year though on the redesign of the R5 which is annoying. Tempting to get the Caledonia but I think I would regret it if they came out with a R5 redesign in another year.

yellowbear1021

by yellowbear1021

cshong88 wrote:Yea, I think we have to wait another year though on the redesign of the R5 which is annoying. Tempting to get the Caledonia but I think I would regret it if they came out with a R5 redesign in another year.
I think Cervelo moved too late in dropping the seat stays on the R5. But I guess Trek hasn't gone there yet as well as other big bike companies. Cervelo really needs to get this next R5 right cause I can see a lot jumping ship if they don't.

cshong88

by cshong88

Stumbled upon this for the 2021 R5 spec.
https://mybikeshop.com/products/2021-ce ... white.html
https://mybikeshop.com/products/2021-ce ... white.html

I guess I'll stick with my R5 rim bike for now and wait until the 2022 model year...

Balti

by Balti

Hi.
2021 r5.
Some colours.. ImageImage

Enviado desde mi SM-N960F mediante Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

Hmmm, green/gold or white... do they not want to actually sell any this year.

Why oh why would you paint your lightest weight bike white, the colour that requires additional primer and paint thickness. The green/gold is too terrible to even warrant discussion!

Pretty clear that the 2022 R-series will be given a nice sounding name beginning with R that relates to the mountains and there will be a -5 version that is lighter in weight and higher in spec.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Taking pictures in the small ring; giant spaces between the HT and stem...is the world ending????? Sidenote: apparently "green" is the approved color by the world's paint masters for 2021!

Swedius

by Swedius

Balti wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:50 pm
Hi.
2021 r5.
Some colours.. Image
That one reminds me of my favourite road bike ever - the Cervélo R3 2009 edition. I miss that bike I had. Image

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

I hope that Green one isn't one of the new production colors...I bought one back in December, as a "limited edition" (made for media purposes only) and like knowing that it's only one of a handful out there

Balti

by Balti

Colours in catálogo Image

Enviado desde mi SM-N960F mediante Tapatalk

by Weenie