EPS rear shift idsue

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
tadrums

by tadrums

Rear shifting up/down still works and will shift down cogs continuously but will not shift up continuously. Meaning can only shift up one click at a time rather than holding shift lever for continuous shift. Wondering if it is shifter/micro switch, interface or PU? Ideas, suggestions? Thx
TA

by Weenie

groover08

by groover08

This sounds like an issue with the interface, which can be configured extensively through the MyCampy app. There is a setting in there for multi up/down shifting which allows you to select how many sprokets can be shifted at one time by holding the up or down shift button. That would be my first guess.

tadrums

by tadrums

Thx but that’s not the prob. There are 3 setting choices in the app race, comfort , sport. In race, which offers 10 continuous upshifts as well as 10 continuous downshifts are possible. I can upshift continuously but have lost continuous downshifting. I can only downshift 1 cog (1 click) at a time. This happened on my ride today and has not happened previously. I have 2 other EPS bikes set to “race” and both have continuous up/down shifting. Using the app I have selected the other settings and then reselected “race” and the prob persists. Sooo...I am leaning toward shifter microswitch glitch or interface issue. Unless I hear something plausible here I will go to all the trub of pulling one my other bikes apart and start trial/error. Hoping to avoid that of course:-) In the app I just reversed the shift levers, assigning rear derailleur to left shifter and prob persists so I think that eliminates the “microswitch”. Thinking now that it is indeed the interface.
TA

groover08

by groover08

I see. Thanks for the clear explanation. That does indeed sound like a physical problem with the switch.

roadhog44

by roadhog44

There is an adjustment screw in the lever that varies the pressure the lever makes on the switch.

You need to take the lever cover off, where the shifter cable is hidden and it's fairly obvious as you can then see it working on the switch when the lever is activated.

I had intermittent front shifting issues and this solved it as the microswitch wasn't being activated by the lever...worth a look at least.

tadrums

by tadrums

Ah...thx very much. I’ll check that out but my issue isn’t intermittent. It’s still downshifting albeit only 1 click/cog at a time, just not continuous. One would think if the microswitch was the culprit that it wouldn’t shift at all or intermittently as your’s did. Thx again.
Tommy

Just tried the adjusting screw but nada. MyCampy app doesn’t show any errors. I guess my only alternative to pulling everything and having LBS send to Campy is to pimp lever and/or interface from my other bike...PITA. Thx for your suggestions guys.
TA

tomato

by tomato

Have you tried any other settings, such as upshifting 3 or 4 gears at a time?

tadrums

by tadrums

Good idea. Tried it and still only 1 cog at a time. Finally found a remedy though. Uninstalled/installed MyCampy several times...finally, contiuous shifts both ways. Thx again for your suggestions guys.
TA

kgt

by kgt

Yes, myCampy has still many bugs unfortunately.

tadrums

by tadrums

Indeed...I had pretty much given up on using it (MyCampy) but unfortunately it’s the only way to make any adjustments/tweaks. Still unable to “update” PU firmware. Campy refers to LBS who hasn’t a clue re anything Campy. They’ve taken everything away from the “end user” when it’s us who know more about some things than most LBS. I’ve loved/used the stuff for longer than I’m willing to admit but it’s no wonder their market share is disappearing.
TA

Julio1869

by Julio1869

Hi there , new in the forum here. I was looking information for this kind of issues with, in my case, Super Record 11 (Rim )EPS V3 which I have running in a Colnago C64.

I would be extremely careful with any Firmware Update using that MyCampy app...and here is why:

1.The problem started when I tried to update the Power Unit firmware as requested/warned by the MyCampy APP.

2.After trying a couple of times, the Interface V3 showed a Steady ( not flashing) Yellow light which did not switched off after pressing the Mode button. Front and Rear derrailleurs became unresponsive, not moving at all.

3.I did then a basic reset of the system using the magnetic strap and switching off the system for 1 minute.

4.When I released the magnetic strap the interface showed a Flashing Blue light which turned to a Flashing Red light after I pressed the Mode button.

5.I connected again the interface with the MyCampy APP to get more information, but the app didnt detect any malfunction in that short diagnostic that runs when the MY EPS is activated, but still was warning about a Power Unit Firmware update.
While the Interface Unit and Wireless Unit were up to date and showing Firmware Version and Serial Number, the Power Unit was showing zeroes. Also it shows the RD at the wrong sprocket

6. The app warned about the Firmware being now a kind of Factory Firmware and the need to be upgraded by a qualified technician (which I´m not able to find....)

7. I tried to do a Zero Setting but even if the system enters in Zero setting Mode with the Interface Unit showing a Steady Blue Light, the Front and Rear Derrailleurs are not respoding so I cant complete the setting.

No need to say that the system was working prefectly before I start messing with the app and after checking all the wiring everything is on place and well connected...
Have tried different kinds of reset, even that one using the charger....

(Screenshots from the app are attached)

My guess is:
Somehow... the Power Unit Firmware was deleted so I would need to charge one and start from there....

It would be easier if we had access to the full application in order to run all the diagnostics and/or tests...and even better if the results could be sent to a service center/factory/ wherever instead.....

Julio
Attachments
Screenshot_20191217-191505_MyCampy.jpg
Screenshot_20191217-191527_MyCampy.jpg
Screenshot_20191217-191539_MyCampy.jpg
Colnago C64
Cannondale CAADX

by Weenie