headtube problem

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
wingguy

by wingguy

bullthee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:30 am
- aerofly handlebar wouldn't be my pick after all, considering +-280€ is not that big a difference as the 430€ priced fork.
If price is the main issue you can get an alloy Hover bar for about 60 bucks.

by Weenie

bullthee

by bullthee

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:05 pm
Obviously not a cheap option, but it sounds like you need to make the switch to a bike with endurance-based geometry...back issues and Tarmacs don't go together very well.
Would be an option if i got the right price for the tarmac.
Off season ==> not that easy :-)

alanyu

by alanyu

fouriers alloy riser bar, less than 50 dollars on ebay.

AJS914

by AJS914

Used forks are a little scary to me. I'd want to at least know what happened to the frame that was previously attached to it.

I'd say that you should just rock the upward sloping stem proudly and be glad that you are still riding after back surgery. Keep working your core and rehabilitating yourself and maybe you'll get back to your old stem and stack.

tinozee

by tinozee

What about your saddle design and pedal stack, crank length... Try an adamo and see if you can get lower comfortably, this stuff makes a difference. Raising the bar height is only one factor and doing only that slows you down vs. an overall readjustment.

bullthee

by bullthee

tinozee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:36 pm
What about your saddle design and pedal stack, crank length... Try an adamo and see if you can get lower comfortably, this stuff makes a difference. Raising the bar height is only one factor and doing only that slows you down vs. an overall readjustment.
I've been to a professional bikefitter twice, and i've testen multiple heights and saddles.
Now i'm riding a s-works power saddle, and that is the most comfortable i've ridden ever so that's a keeper...

Crancklength is 172.5mm, the standard for size 56 bikes, not easy to test in different lenght.

tinozee

by tinozee

The thing is that your position can/will change to lower if you do more miles and stretch. I am 47 and have had severe disc herniation L4/L5, and still manage to strengthen core , stretch for mibility, get low and ride and race 300 mi. week. I had a fit at fitwerks in Boston and the settings were only good for a short time, the body morphs. That's the issue I have with bike fits.