Favero Assioma Duo - Zero offsetting trouble

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
M4lukz

by M4lukz

Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.

I have a pair of assioma duo's pedals, and quite recently, after swapping them from bikes, I haven't been able to perform a "zero offset" from the app, neither from a head unit. Not quite sure what's causing this, the data is everything but accurate, power balance is 100%/0% (L/R) most of the ride, power numbers are <50 most of the times, if I go to sub-50 rpm, the power numbers spike to the 1500-2000 range...

Did something similar happen to anyone here?

by Weenie

kevinw

by kevinw

Never heard of anything like this sorry. I would definitely reach out to favero via their website.

If it looks like the left pedal is working it might be interesting to switch it to "Uno" mode via the app and see if you get accurate results from the left pedal only.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

kevinw wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:32 pm
Never heard of anything like this sorry. I would definitely reach out to favero via their website.

If it looks like the left pedal is working it might be interesting to switch it to "Uno" mode via the app and see if you get accurate results from the left pedal only.
Am I able to convert the left pedal to UNO, and then back to duo? after analising the ride a bit more, I found one or two places where the balance was registering something from the right pedal (even tho it was only for a brief moment)

On3

by On3

The firmware of both pedals is up-to-date?

I met this strange behavior one year ago (after ~8h drive on car roof of a rainy day), and after updating firmware it was possible to zero offset (from head unit and from the app).

M4lukz

by M4lukz

On3 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:20 pm
The firmware of both pedals is up-to-date?

I met this strange behavior one year ago (after ~8h drive on car roof of a rainy day), and after updating firmware it was possible to zero offset (from head unit and from the app).
the pedals are on the last version (v4.04), for some months now... this was a first also... currently waiting on some input from favero themselves

kevinw

by kevinw

M4lukz wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:42 pm
Am I able to convert the left pedal to UNO, and then back to duo? after analising the ride a bit more, I found one or two places where the balance was registering something from the right pedal (even tho it was only for a brief moment)
Yes you can switch back.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

M4lukz wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:28 am
Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.

I have a pair of assioma duo's pedals, and quite recently, after swapping them from bikes, I haven't been able to perform a "zero offset" from the app, neither from a head unit. Not quite sure what's causing this, the data is everything but accurate, power balance is 100%/0% (L/R) most of the ride, power numbers are <50 most of the times, if I go to sub-50 rpm, the power numbers spike to the 1500-2000 range...

I experienced the exact same thing today mid ride. Pulled over and tried the zero offset the pedals, but had no luck. Did you hear back from Favero regarding this issue? I'm on the lastest version (v4.04) as well.

Up to this point, they have been flawless. I have approximately 7500 km on my Duo pedals if that matters.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg)

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Vuong05 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am
M4lukz wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:28 am

I experienced the exact same thing today mid ride. Pulled over and tried the zero offset the pedals, but had no luck. Did you hear back from Favero regarding this issue? I'm on the lastest version (v4.04) as well.

Up to this point, they have been flawless. I have approximately 7500 km on my Duo pedals if that matters.
I'd recommend you to contact their support. Their replies take usually 1-2 business days, but the support is really good, and really helpful. They'll remotely check the pedal sensors data and try to see if there are any "unusual values". From that point onwards, they'll see what the best option is, and proceed from there.

grymg

by grymg

Interesting issue, I haven't rezeroed mine in ages since they perform fine and I never remove them from my bike. I'll try the next time I ride. Anyways still loving mine.

by Weenie