BMC SLR01 Disc and Enve SES 3.4 Disc Clearance

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
geedawg

by geedawg

Hi friends, so I’ve seen several old threads about BMC SLR01 Disc tire clearances (claimed 28mm measured) bouncing around but no real confirmations. I’m looking to pull the trigger on a set of ENVE 3.4 discs with 27.5mm external width rims, but am hesitant given the 28mm tire claimed clearance. I would put 25mm tires on the rims, but even then am afraid there may be issues.

I’ve seen the Dimension Data bikes run this combo, but am not sure if they may have modified frames or may have been using the older 3.4 rims with a narrower width. Anybody running the current gen ENVE 3.4 discs with their BMC SLR01? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

Ive been running LB AR46 rims on my SLR01 disc, those are 21mm internal, 28mm external.

Clearance with 25mm GP5000 and 25mm Hutchinson Fusion 5 TLR is ok.

Both are measuring about 27-28mm if I remember correct.

Tried 25mm GP4000 aswell, then clearance was minimal in rear.

willmac

by willmac

I've got some DT SWiss rims, 27 external but they taper a bit toward the edge. Mounted up with 25mm corsas that are definitely bigger than 27, I don't have any rub. 82kgs so no lightweight either.

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

I am running 25mm Schwalbe Pro One (not the brand new ones) with the Enve 3.4 discs on my 2019 BMC SLR01 Three without issue. I think they measure out over 28 mm at 65 psi, but I can verify and will update this post. I can also check the clearances-they are adequate for me, but I would be hesitant to put any 28mm tires on with this 21mm ID wheel.

geedawg

by geedawg

Awesome, thank you. Looks like the ENVEs won’t be a problem then with 25mm Victoria Corsas.

Can’t wait to get this sucker built up! On a side note, if I want a zero setback post, is the only way to get one is by ordering one from a dealer? Darn proprietary seatpost shape...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

slashy

by slashy

regarding the pro's, keep in mind they run tubulars most of the time and size of tubulars = width of tubulars regardless of rim width.