SRAM etap front derailleur drifts slowly while riding

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

carbonazza wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:18 am
Jhomewood wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:19 am
Mine 100% does this. I have to shift down and up now and again. I have no idea why, I didnt think it could happen. Mine is out of warranty so I haven't even asked them if its something they know is a problem.
It always gives you some comfort not being alone ;)

Were you an early buyer?
I got it in may 2017, and if I remember well the etap HRD was not readily available at that time.
Mine is from 2017 and slowly developed over time.

caad4rep

by caad4rep

My etap FD definitely does this and I have to do the shift-fix every 20km or so. For the life of me I can't figure out why the derailleur drifts.

by Weenie

DrewXT

by DrewXT

carbonazza wrote:
DrewXT wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:48 am
Have your reached out to SRAM about it? It may be a known issue that they'd cover under goodwill.

If you don't ask, you'll never know...
Right indeed... But contacting SRAM directly is like a labyrinth.
I first contacted Canyon who I got the derailleur from and will see what they say.
These guys distribute SRAM products in Belgium

binnendienst@agu.be

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Oooh! Oooh! just seeing this. While not exactly the same symptoms, I had a customer 7-8 months ago with a maddening situation where you would get the adjustment just right as it related to the big ring, he would go on a couple of rides and it would be rubbing like crazy. Thought it was a flexy front hanger, or wedge positioning or something like that. Eventually it would do it on every ride. Turned out to be a stripped high limit screw towards the middle of the screw with decent threads at top and bottom. It eventually got worse and would move around all over the place causing the derailleur to do all sorts of things when in the big ring. A new screw from Sram fixed it immediately.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

carbonazza

by carbonazza

wheelbuilder wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:45 am
...Turned out to be a stripped high limit screw towards the middle of the screw with decent threads at top and bottom...
I jumped out of my bed to check it out !
Unfortunately the screw looks good.
Attachments
91E659F3-6F5F-4FC3-9F1A-C3582A086749.jpeg