SL6 - Rotor Aldhu - Hambini

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

There is no Hambini bb for that combination. It's just a BB30 frame with a 30mm spindle. You just snap in one snapring on either side and press in any 6806 bearing. Hambini sells both snaprings and Japanese bearings but not complete BB for that system.
He has a complete video on BB30 if this was too confusing.

floppyb

by floppyb

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:39 pm
There is no Hambini bb for that combination. It's just a BB30 frame with a 30mm spindle. You just snap in one snapring on either side and press in any 6806 bearing. Hambini sells both snaprings and Japanese bearings but not complete BB for that system.
He has a complete video on BB30 if this was too confusing.
Good to know. Thanks

by Weenie

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Stendhal wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:26 am
gurk700 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:39 am
Stendhal wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:15 am
gurk700 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:39 pm

At the moment I'm running WMFG. I have switched to DuraAce crankset and sold the S-works one so no BB30 for me. NTN's did work awesome for me though for sure.
Unfortunately Hambini hasn't had the black BB30 > Shimano one in stock for a while (should check again it's been a couple weeks)
I'll 100% be switching to Hambini on this bike too very soon. (Although there's a chance I might sell the frame to someone who really wants an ultralight frame. I'm entertaining the idea of a wildly colored SL6 next ;) )
As I'm in the market for a creak free bracket, I just checked -- as of right now, he has only one silver race quality BB30 to Shimano left.

I also asked a (dumb?) question -- will that bracket work w/a SRAM GXP crank, which after all is a 24 mm standard (well, perhaps on one side)

As hambini may not work, Gurk, what did you mean by the derogation of the BBInfinite suggestion? Do you advise against it, and if so why? I certainly don't want to replace one problem for another :noidea:
bbinfinite tried to bully / sue hambini for copyright infringement although their designs are nothing alike.
It was pretty asshole move by bbibfinite. I have nothing against their bb’s otherwise. I’d never use ceramic bearings though for all the reasons hambini mentions in his several videos. i’m sure their steel versions work just fine and eliminate creaks though.
Thanks Gurk, much appreciated. :beerchug:
FitWerx, a bike shop I think I trust, opines that Praxis does a good good in eliminating creaks, and the LBS mechanic who originally installed it pn my SL6 is pretty good and recommended it. I did not have any problems in the very short time in which I used the Praxis, so I'm likely to have it re-installed.
a BBInfinite bottom bracket is what you want.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

badoherty wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 pm
Hello Folks

Long time lurker, first time poster. Great forum- thanks to the community for all your wisdom- I've enjoyed and learned a lot here. Still lots more to learn!

So I've just bought a S-Works Tarmac SL6 frame to build up. To avoid any potential creaking, I'd like to install a Hambini bottom bracket. Cranks are Rotor Aldhu 24mm.

Can anyone suggest which Hambini BB and if this will run ok or any compatibility issues?

TIA
You can use Token BB, completely creak free
https://www.tokenproducts.com/bottom-brackets

Example https://www.tokenproducts.com/bottom-br ... pf-saviour
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

scale29

by scale29

I must have really lucked out building my SL6. I used the Ceramic Speed BB30 bearing that came with it, a dab of retaining compound and slid the S-works crank in, have done 10,000k this year with not one sound.