Wahoo V Tacx customer service

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Ive narrowed down my choices for a Smart Trainer between these 2 brands and I'm just wondering: does anyone have experience/s with either or both CS?

I believe Tacx is based in EU and Wahoo is North America (I'm in Canada)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Both have above average customer service. Where they are based won't really matter much. Tacx has a North American office...plus they were just bought by Garmin.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I've dealt with both(or all 3).. TACX, Wahoo and Garmin.. I consider all 3 to be well above standard.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

This is not going be helpful to you given your choices, but in case anyone reading this thread is interested in Elite -- I had a chewed-up part on my Direto and though I had to find the info for the North American distributor, they were quick, helpful, and free of charge.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Thanks all

Keeping the choices to Wahoo and Tacx for possible discounts. Looking at the Kickr Core or the Flux S

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I would go with the KICKR Core out of those two options. Just a much better trainer all around.

szazbo

by szazbo

Cannot speak for TACX, but Wahoo has been really really great. They have replaced my KICKR18 4 times already in the last year. That I am bummed about, but I think I now have one with all of the updates and works great. Everytime I have had to contact them about the trainer, I have had a replacement to me in less than a week, while continuing to use the one that I had. Also had some issues with the TICKRs failing and they also were replaced quickly. Even given a customer satisfaction coupon for $100 due to my troubles. Purchased a Headwind fan with that.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

szazbo wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:16 pm
Cannot speak for TACX, but Wahoo has been really really great. They have replaced my KICKR18 4 times already in the last year. That I am bummed about, but I think I now have one with all of the updates and works great. Everytime I have had to contact them about the trainer, I have had a replacement to me in less than a week, while continuing to use the one that I had. Also had some issues with the TICKRs failing and they also were replaced quickly. Even given a customer satisfaction coupon for $100 due to my troubles. Purchased a Headwind fan with that.
Im assuming this had that problem that the Wahoo owner has addressed?

Any more issues with your trainer? What do you have?

I looked into thr the Tacx S and Flux 2 and it seems like they're plagued with software issues.

d36

by d36

My Tacx trainer broke and I was sent a new replacement unit in a few weeks.

I know you didnt mention cycleops but Id like to add that my experience with their customer support was absolutely terrible!
I will never buy a product from them again

g32ecs

by g32ecs

d36 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:30 am
My Tacx trainer broke and I was sent a new replacement unit in a few weeks.

I know you didnt mention cycleops but Id like to add that my experience with their customer support was absolutely terrible!
I will never buy a product from them again
This is why Im not considering Cycleops. My Fluid 2 had a leak and it took them almost 2mos to solve my problem. They said they ran out of the Fluid mech and waited until I inquired again to find out what had happened. All that time they couldve just replaced it. I had to blow them up on the emails and left a nasty review online to get things done.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

My one experience with Saris customer service was really good.

floppyb

by floppyb

g32ecs wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 pm
Thanks all

Keeping the choices to Wahoo and Tacx for possible discounts. Looking at the Kickr Core or the Flux S
Looking at the same two trainers. Keep the thread updated when you decide!

szazbo

by szazbo

So i posted above and had 4 KICKR 18 replacements. Now the 5th one failed. I really liked the trainer. Different issue than the others. Lost BT. Emailed Wahoo again and politely requested a refund and a box to be sent so I can send back the trainer. They were more than accomodating to my request. Trainer is on its way back to Wahoo and I now have a TACX 2T in the Paincave. There is a huge difference between the 2 trainers and due to the design, the TACX demands real watts from your legs and is completly silent. Only have 200 miles on it so far, so will have to wait and see as far as the reliability. Still applaud Wahoo's customer service. Judging from the recent Wahoo Remanufactured Black Friday sale, there are more than a few that have been repaired. I hope they get the issues sorted out before the KICKR 20 comes out

naylor343

by naylor343

I have dealt with both Wahoo and Garmin (tacx) customer services and they have both been equally good. Separately I also own a tacx flux s, had no issues with it at all. Had it for almost a year. Cannot compare it to other direct drive trainers as it's the first one I've owned, but I am very happy with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spud

by spud

Going on our 3rd Kickr since Xmas last year. Wahoo service has been excellent, usually have the new trainer within a week or less. Just hope this new one solves the problem.