2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nateners

by nateners

Wadl wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:10 pm
As far a workstand goes, for my SL7, should I go for a race stand or a clamp on stand should work fine ?
I'd get a race stand. I always struggled with my Venge (granted a wider seat post than the SL7) in my clamp stand.

carbocation

by carbocation

Does anyone know where to find out what the part number is for the standard rear derailleur hanger? (Or someone that has some in stock) I found the direct mount one but I have eTap, so I assume I can't use that one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

treyxt

by treyxt

carbocation wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:54 pm
Does anyone know where to find out what the part number is for the standard rear derailleur hanger? (Or someone that has some in stock) I found the direct mount one but I have eTap, so I assume I can't use that one.
doesn't etap use a direct mount by default?
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

mgrl

by mgrl

Wadl wrote:
As far a workstand goes, for my SL7, should I go for a race stand or a clamp on stand should work fine ?
Both work fine, although I find a race stand much better for bleeding because you can get a good angle much easier.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

carbocation wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:54 pm
I'm also curious if the stock rd hangers on both SL7 and Aethos are the same?
Didn't check when I sold my Aethos.

Wadl

by Wadl

nateners wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:21 pm
Wadl wrote:
I'd get a race stand. I always struggled with my Venge (granted a wider seat post than the SL7) in my clamp stand.
But will a clamp risk damaging the carbon seatpost ? (I mostly wanna use it for washing since I dont need a lot of mechanic on my bike) and I am not sure I will be very please to have to take the front wheel off everytime ! :)

mgrl

by mgrl

Wadl wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:15 pm
But will a clamp risk damaging the carbon seatpost ? (I mostly wanna use it for washing since I dont need a lot of mechanic on my bike) and I am not sure I will be very please to have to take the front wheel off everytime ! :)
Don't clamp it super tight and you'll be fine. Remember it's strong enough to get clamped into the frame!

carbocation

by carbocation

mgrl wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:38 am
Wadl wrote:
Both work fine, although I find a race stand much better for bleeding because you can get a good angle much easier.
I miss the ease of my clamp stand, but for actually working on or cleaning the bike, I find it a lot easier to use the race stand. If you have to change out something on an integrated front end, it makes it a little less painful (including bleeding).

Wadl

by Wadl

super, thank you very much for your input guys !! I will try to make a little photoshoot of my SL7 Expert with 303s on it and post that here ! :)

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Maddie wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:41 am
zappafile123 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:20 am
ill principe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:13 pm
Maddie wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:59 pm
For those thinking about stem/handlebar alternatives. Farsports F1:
Great looking bike! It would look even better with all black chainrings. I used acetone to remove the graphics on my Praxis Works Buzz.
Ah this look so nice, I'll retierate my sadness that they dont make a rim brake variant :(
Thanks zappafile123. The SL6 rim frame is a good looking piece of kit as well :wink:

I actually went ahead and removed the Praxis graphics yesterday. Funny thing is that I tried this already when I unboxed the chainrings but since the grapics were very stubborn I thought they couldn't be removed with acetone. But thanks to ill principe I tried it once more with more effort et voila. It worked :D

Im 178cm with 81cm inseam, so very short legs (710mm saddle height). I'm on a 54 SL7 frame but was also considering 52. I'm sure a LBS would have suggested a 56. Bike fit is such an individual thing. And many times, LBS just recommends what they have in stock. I don't blame them for that...
How much does the SL6 weigh? Nice build!

I regret selling my SL6 :(
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Why if I may ask.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

New team paint jobs rumored to be presented this week. Anyone can confirm we'll see new new paint jobs soon?
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

ccie6872

by ccie6872

Has anyone else experience a 'ticking' but not a creak out of their headset (Sworks SL7 w/ Aerofly2). Happens over small bumps and very consistent. I have double checked the torque of every bolt and I was going to rebuild the entire cockpit. I realize sound travels well in a bike but 99% it is coming from the headset. Spesh doesn't call for a lot of grease or carbon paste...

Tonytony

by Tonytony

New sagan collection online

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

I did experience that sound. I just regreased both headset bearings inside and out. Applied carbon paste on the stem. It's silent since.