2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kofsw4

by kofsw4

mashiehood wrote:ive just installed a C Bear BSA with integrated sleeve - be mindful you will need the 2in1 tool from C Bear as it has only 10 notches!
You freaked me out as I had planned to finish my build tomorrow by installing one of these once I picked up a longer di2 cable from the shop but I checked and my BSA-ROAD-R fits a standard 16 notch BB tool like the Park BBT9.

Also weight is 86g (compared to 80g for the Shimano BBR60 I had in temporarily)ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MRM

by MRM

mashiehood wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:31 pm
Well here it is just finished it..... spec:

Frameset - SL7 Speed of Light 54cm
Dura Ace Di2 9200 140mm rotors F&R
SL7 stem 100mm with SL& Garmin Mount & SL7 seatpost
THM Clavicula SE chainset with Carbon Ti Chainrings
Berk Saddle
Look Keo Blade Ti Ceramic pedals
AX Lightness Ergo 4200 bars (40cm)
Supacaz Tape
Enve AR 4.5 wheelset with DT Swiss 180 Hubs on Enve tyres (27 front, 29 rear)
Second Wheels are Light Bicycle Falcon Pro 46 (flyweight) with Carbon Ti Hubs with Enve 25c tyres F&R

Weight with Enve Wheels - 6.8kg and 6.5kg with Light Bicycle Wheels

I am one of those off beings that are short (5'8) but with long legs (82 inseam) so sit bang in the middle of a 52/54 framesize. To date i have ridden small but most recently I have been riding a Moots Vamoots in a 54cm and it feels so much nicer than a smaller frame, hence the 54cm for the SL7. First ride tomorow.
Haha we are the same person. I'm 5'9 (1,76m) with 87 cm inseam. Your bike is my favorite bike in pretty much the same spec. I'd go for the matching Roval wheels and maybe the Selle Italia SLR Boost Tekno Superflow, but your build is both gorgeous and perfect.

mashiehood

by mashiehood

MRM wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 pm
mashiehood wrote:

Berk Saddle
Supacaz Tape
Second Wheels are Light Bicycle Falcon Pro 46 (flyweight) with Carbon Ti Hubs with Enve 25c tyres F&R

I am one of those off beings that are short (5'8) but with long legs (82 inseam) so sit bang in the middle of a 52/54 framesize. To date i have ridden small but most recently I have been riding a Moots Vamoots in a 54cm and it feels so much nicer than a smaller frame, hence the 54cm for the SL7. First ride tomorow.
Haha we are the same person. I'm 5'9 (1,76m) with 87 cm inseam. Your bike is my favorite bike in pretty much the same spec. I'd go for the matching Roval wheels and maybe the Selle Italia SLR Boost Tekno Superflow, but your build is both gorgeous and perfect.
thanks, its a tad chubby at the moment but if the right bits come along some weight will come off. Sadly not for sale but you should be able to source one in parts and put it together yourself - its a simple build process took me about 3 hours.

Euch

by Euch

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:You did that with spray cans Image

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2
Yup, custom canz chromacoat peacock & gold flake letters, and a cricut explore for the letters. Clearcoated and polished.

PSM

by PSM

WoW!

MRM

by MRM

mashiehood wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:45 pm
MRM wrote:
mashiehood wrote:

Berk Saddle
Supacaz Tape

thanks, its a tad chubby at the moment but if the right bits come along some weight will come off. Sadly not for sale but you should be able to source one in parts and put it together yourself - its a simple build process took me about 3 hours.
I've spoken to 2 bike shops in Germany and both are unable to source the S-Works (full bike) version. Frame doesn't look good either (though I'd prefer the full bike, because I like the wheel integration). Is tough luck for me. I'll probably just skip this generation and stay on my Venge since Specialized seems to not want to satisfy my demand. 😛

Josku

by Josku

HaroldC wrote: I'm using Garmin Varia light up front and rear Varia radar attached to the saddle with a 3D printed SWAT mount. The front light uses the Go Pro mount that comes with the OEM out-front mount.
Does this GoPro front light mount allow you to attach/de attached the light easily like original Garmin mount does, or does it require a tool?

I'm expecting my SL7 to come within the next month and was wondering how to mount the Varia front light.

sealucky

by sealucky

kofsw4 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:31 pm
mashiehood wrote:ive just installed a C Bear BSA with integrated sleeve - be mindful you will need the 2in1 tool from C Bear as it has only 10 notches!
You freaked me out as I had planned to finish my build tomorrow by installing one of these once I picked up a longer di2 cable from the shop but I checked and my BSA-ROAD-R fits a standard 16 notch BB tool like the Park BBT9.

Also weight is 86g (compared to 80g for the Shimano BBR60 I had in temporarily)ImageImage
Thanks. I was already going to buy CS.
I'll try C-Bear. Same weight, seems durable and way cheaper.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Josku wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:19 am
HaroldC wrote: I'm using Garmin Varia light up front and rear Varia radar attached to the saddle with a 3D printed SWAT mount. The front light uses the Go Pro mount that comes with the OEM out-front mount.
Does this GoPro front light mount allow you to attach/de attached the light easily like original Garmin mount does, or does it require a tool?

I'm expecting my SL7 to come within the next month and was wondering how to mount the Varia front light.
The light will require a 3mm Allen key. It does not use the Garmin twist lock but rather the GoPro tabs. The mount and bolt/nut should come with the bike.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

CeramicSpeed BSA DUB coated.
Attachments
AFA0B8D1-1D9E-4524-9EBB-9E86D65CC782.jpeg
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

HaroldC wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:46 pm
Josku wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:19 am

The light will require a 3mm Allen key. It does not use the Garmin twist lock but rather the GoPro tabs. The mount and bolt/nut should come with the bike.
I would recommend buying this. https://www.shapeways.com/product/RLQQV ... arketplace . You need the right screws to attach it, but as long as you can sort that out, the Varia light can then be mounted and unmounted with the convenient twist lock rather than the PITA go-pro mount.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

ryanw wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:12 pm
CeramicSpeed BSA DUB coated.
Curious how you compare it with the C-Bear BSA on durability.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

mashiehood

by mashiehood

MRM wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:38 pm
mashiehood wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:45 pm
MRM wrote:
mashiehood wrote:

Berk Saddle
Supacaz Tape

I've spoken to 2 bike shops in Germany and both are unable to source the S-Works (full bike) version. Frame doesn't look good either (though I'd prefer the full bike, because I like the wheel integration). Is tough luck for me. I'll probably just skip this generation and stay on my Venge since Specialized seems to not want to satisfy my demand. 😛
first ride complete, hard to assess as the conditions were grim (Richmond Park London) so now its caked in road grime. Felt good over a 30k semi fast pace, frame size is spot on - all these years riding small frames with mahosive seatpost sticking out now well and truly behind me!
Oh.... and ive had it with Enve tyres, 3 cuts / flats in the space of two weeks.

Josku

by Josku

HaroldC wrote: The light will require a 3mm Allen key. It does not use the Garmin twist lock but rather the GoPro tabs. The mount and bolt/nut should come with the bike.
Ok thanks! I'd like to have a quick release solution, like Garmin twist lock, but haven't found any. It would light charging for instance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

Josku wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:04 pm
HaroldC wrote: The light will require a 3mm Allen key. It does not use the Garmin twist lock but rather the GoPro tabs. The mount and bolt/nut should come with the bike.
Ok thanks! I'd like to have a quick release solution, like Garmin twist lock, but haven't found any. It would light charging for instance.
You can replace the 3mm allen bolt with a knob. I've done it on mine. That could work as a quick-release of sorts.
Attachments
1104_1.jpg
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc