2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

man1ac wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:00 pm
Has anyone tested this handlebar?
https://www.pro-bikegear.com/us/road/ha ... ar-compact
You can ask remco evenepoel.

Takeswood

by Takeswood

I would like to have your advice on this fact :
I build my pro SL7 frame since 2 month ago, and 3 weeks ago I reajust my saddle height and when I tightened screw from seatpost clamp I heard some "cracking noise" from this zone and on the top tupe. I specify that I always tighten with torque wrench any screw on my bike, and these sound come earlier than 6,2nm, maybe at 5nm and I stop tighten at this for fear of breaking something (even if I tighten with a torque wrench...).
And yesterday, my seatpost slip down with some "scratch" at the back of the seatpost, see images below.
I reajust my saddle height and tighten the screw at the correct torque, with again cracking noise from this zone.
I did 2h30 on the bike today, nothing happened and the seatpost is at the same position that I set previously :noidea:

Have you ever heard something like this on SL7 ?

Thank you for any advice :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milanv

by milanv

Takeswood wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:14 pm
I build my pro SL7 frame since 2 month ago, and 3 weeks ago I reajust my saddle height and when I tightened screw from seatpost clamp I heard some "cracking noise" from this zone and on the top tupe. I specify that I always tighten with torque wrench any screw on my bike, and these sound come earlier than 6,2nm, maybe at 5nm and I stop tighten at this for fear of breaking something (even if I tighten with a torque wrench...).
And yesterday, my seatpost slip down with some "scratch" at the back of the seatpost, see images below.
I reajust my saddle height and tighten the screw at the correct torque, with again cracking noise from this zone.
I did 2h30 on the bike today, nothing happened and the seatpost is at the same position that I set previously :noidea:

Do you use any carbon paste?

Takeswood

by Takeswood

Yes, muc off carbone assembly paste, pink color.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Takeswood wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:14 pm

Some times there's a noise as the seatpost clamp bolt binds and slips as your tightening it down.

treyxt

by treyxt

man1ac wrote:
Yes, didn't like it because I would constantly hit my wrists on the tops when sprinting and would hurt
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

Sace

by Sace

Takeswood wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:54 pm
If there is no visual cracks in the carbon I would start by taking out the clamp and check if any of the assembly paste has gotten into the moving parts of the clamp.

Takeswood

by Takeswood

Sace wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:20 pm
Takeswood wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:54 pm
If there is no visual cracks in the carbon I would start by taking out the clamp and check if any of the assembly paste has gotten into the moving parts of the clamp.
I don't see any cracks in the carbon around seatpost.
I will check the clamp. On this point, I saw on youtube video and on SL7 costumer manual, Spe advice putting grease on this part of the clamp. I did not put antyhing on this part, maybe this can have an impact on the noise I heard ?
Thx for your response anyway :thumbup:

Maximilian

by Maximilian

treyxt wrote:
man1ac wrote:
Yes, didn't like it because I would constantly hit my wrists on the tops when sprinting and would hurt
I’ve got these bars in 38cm on my SL7. I like the aero drops and haven’t had any sprinting issues. Look great and cables route nicely.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

macwatt

by macwatt

Ronin416 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:20 pm
macwatt wrote:
mistap wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:24 pm
Any recommendations on a clincher tyre that are not tubeless for the Rovals. Had a knitemare puncture with some Contis 5000s at the roadside, they were so hard to get on and off. The turbo cottons are great but too puncture prone for daily riding in Kent. Anyone had any success with other brands?
TIA

I currently use Specialized Turbo Cottons never had any punctures or issues but have some sidewall damage to front and rear tyre so I have ordered MICHELIN Power Cup Competition to give them a try which should offer more protection.
Let us know how it goes with the Power Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi installed Michelin Power Cup's this morning managed to get out for a short spin tonight. I have 25mm on the front weighs 222g measures 28mm @75 psi on the rear 28mm weighs 241g measures 30mm @66 psi which is the pressures I used for tonight I weigh 56kg. I haven't used anything other than Specialized Turbo Cotton's on the Roval Rapide CLX 1's 26mm on the front and 28mm on the rear the Michelin's measure pretty much identical at the same pressure's. The Michelin's felt really good 👍 slightly firmer than the Turbo's but didn't feel harsh and certainly felt fast never tried GP5000 so can't compare with those. It's the easiest tyres I have ever installed on any rims I can't comment on wear etc or grip as tyres are new I didn't push too hard on the corners although it did rain the last few km's with no loss of grip so far so good.

marian

by marian

a few tens of km with a new bike. So far, I have driven an older tarmac assembled on dura ace 9100, also with EE brakes, Roval Alpinist cockpit and Roval saddle, weight approx. 6.62 kg. The new SL7 has standard catalog equipment (ultegra), here I replaced the cranks with my older dura ace with dual PM 4iiii and saddle with my proven selle italia kit carbonio. Current weight 7.75 kg. In a short time, I will change the handlebars to my 3T Ernova Team Stealth (saving approx. 90 grams).

Impressions of the SL7 are great, among other things, a higher speed on downhills, of course the electric gearshift is on a different level.Image

renoracing

by renoracing

I can join in on the fun now.... Only two rides in, but really looking forward to spending more time with this one...
7.4kg with cages, pedals, computer and Varia mounts...

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

renoracing wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:40 am
I can join in on the fun now.... Only two rides in, but really looking forward to spending more time with this one...
7.4kg with cages, pedals, computer and Varia mounts...
One of the best looking builds I've seen.

marian

by marian

I am looking for a small mounting plate to S7 stem. It is not part of the purchased bike. I own a 3D print mount MagCad from shapeways for Garmin that I used for the previous Roval Alpinist handlebars and it is also suitable for the SL7 stem, but I don't have this plate for it. It is only sold as part of the original accessory mount for 60 euros, that seems pretty crazy to me...

Otherwise, the warning from specialized in manual is quite interesting that horizontal orientation of the plate is necessary, otherwise the structural integrity of the handlebars is at risk

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

marian wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:51 am
I am looking for a small mounting plate to S7 stem. It is not part of the purchased bike. I own a 3D print mount MagCad from shapeways for Garmin that I used for the previous Roval Alpinist handlebars and it is also suitable for the SL7 stem, but I don't have this plate for it. It is only sold as part of the original accessory mount for 60 euros, that seems pretty crazy to me...

Otherwise, the warning from specialized in manual is quite interesting that horizontal orientation of the plate is necessary, otherwise the structural integrity of the handlebars is at risk

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk
Pictures please? And screenshot of that manual where it says risk ?

Quite difficult to understand what you mean and refer to without pictures :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com