2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Matte86

by Matte86

I’m using the Reveloop ones.. very happy with them so far.. I’m in Europe and In 2021 it was impossible to find them in the 80mm version.. it has been easier in the past 5 months
If you can wait in order to source them I’d go with them

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

YH0

by YH0

kevintc wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:31 am
I bought an S-Works SL7 and I'm now realizing that while my spare Pirelli SmarTubes are awesome the air valves are only 60mm -- not likely to work well with the rear 60mm depth Rapide CLX wheel. It looks like Tubolito has an 80mm version but it's actually a 40mm valve plus a 40mm extender. Anyone have experience with those on Rapide CLX 60mm wheels? From what I can tell RevoLoop sells an 80mm verion but it seems sourcing those tubes is much more difficult (in the US).

Any recommendations for TPU tubes? Do I need an 80mm valve for the rear?
I´ve got Schwalbe Aerothan, the best is that you can use them with valve extenders and extend them as far as you need.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Revoloop Ultra comes in 80mm (perfect for my 65mm wheels), are the lightest option, can take extenders, and the patch works really well if you do get a flat.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

tomsneo wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:32 pm
Currently weighs 7.616 kg
What is this colourway? It's not even on the spec website.

Maddie

by Maddie

Obviously custom paintjob. And a very nice one

justonwo

by justonwo

A friend of mine is looking for an SL7 in size 54, S-Works. But they are hard to come by used!

I test rode an SL7 when they first came out. Fantastic bike.
2020 Pinarello F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic

Retired: 2014 S-Works Roubaix
2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

Geraint

by Geraint

Sock3t wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:55 pm
It's the 2021 OEM dusty blue pearl / cast blue colour with different decals

treyxt

by treyxt

Geraint wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:55 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Do they make the same decals but just the normal specialized 10r logo? I can only ever find s-works decals online. Also, do you just put them overtop the original logo or remove it somehow?
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

TLN

by TLN

treyxt wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:14 pm
Geraint wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:55 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Do they make the same decals but just the normal specialized 10r logo? I can only ever find s-works decals online. Also, do you just put them overtop the original logo or remove it somehow?
I think its 3rd part decal, and obviously they can do any color you want.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

My SL-7 Pro with 454s, 28c GP5k STR, R9100 pedals, with cages and Garmin mount comes in at 7.98kgs in side 58.

Not winning any weight weenie wars, but it’s fast.

The only issue I really have left with the bike, is that I’m getting hand numbness. I’ll probably move the saddle around a bit to see if that helps (my fit is well dialed though). My thought is that the Rapide bars aren’t a great match for me, especially at 42cm.

Anybody tried the Coefficient RR bars on their SL7?

I put some on my Topstone and really like them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TLN

by TLN

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:10 am
The only issue I really have left with the bike, is that I’m getting hand numbness. I’ll probably move the saddle around a bit to see if that helps (my fit is well dialed though). My thought is that the Rapide bars aren’t a great match for me, especially at 42cm.
What's your handlebar? Roval rapide?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

poppiholla

by poppiholla

It is not your handlebars imho, but probably your position on the bike. Handlebar could be the problem if it is too wide for you. Hand numbness has something to do with too much weight on the front of the bike/your hands. I think you have issue with the reach, saddle height, stack, position of the handlebar (too low). Post a picture of your bike and it will make it clearer. Consult a proper bike fitter to help you with the problem.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

TLN wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:10 am
What's your handlebar? Roval rapide?
Yes

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

poppiholla wrote:It is not your handlebars imho, but probably your position on the bike. Handlebar could be the problem if it is too wide for you. Hand numbness has something to do with too much weight on the front of the bike/your hands. I think you have issue with the reach, saddle height, stack, position of the handlebar (too low). Post a picture of your bike and it will make it clearer. Consult a proper bike fitter to help you with the problem.
Like I said, I’ve been professionally fitted and the bike shop set it up with my numbers when I purchased. My bars are usually 38cm, though, not 42. I do think moving the saddle back a little would help.

The Rapide bars are ultra stiff (at least to me), which I think also plays a role.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 am
poppiholla wrote:It is not your handlebars imho, but probably your position on the bike. Handlebar could be the problem if it is too wide for you. Hand numbness has something to do with too much weight on the front of the bike/your hands. I think you have issue with the reach, saddle height, stack, position of the handlebar (too low). Post a picture of your bike and it will make it clearer. Consult a proper bike fitter to help you with the problem.
Like I said, I’ve been professionally fitted and the bike shop set it up with my numbers when I purchased. My bars are usually 38cm, though, not 42. I do think moving the saddle back a little would help.

The Rapide bars are ultra stiff (at least to me), which I think also plays a role.

For my SL7; I struggled to get the hoods comfortable and was experiencing hand numbness, once I got them how I liked them then I have not had any since!

I am 189cm tall on a 58, my other bike is a 58 2021 Cervelo S3. only thing I have different is I am an S Works and have a Darimo seat post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com