2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Great. Thanks. I would love to see the frame when it comes back from the painter. I think that Specialized should always have a black matt frameset with white decals in the S-works collection. I personalized frameset would be great for the money. Black satin frameset with white decals looks so great and it is always timeless. I am not a huge fan of the "marble" effect. I like the frame to be more simple and sleek allthough most of the paint jobs in today's collection are beautiful. Just my 2 cents.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

I agree. Was considering doing a matte black fade on top tube towards head tube to get rid of that toptube-logo aswell, but decided not to do it, because of the effect/pattern around headtube.

The effect looks very visible in the headtube/downtube photo, its because it has sunlight straight on it. 95% of the time I would say the frame looks like plain matte black, effect is visible allmost only under direct sunlight.

Anyways, can take more and better photos in a couple of days when I get the frame back.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Ok. Thanks.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

DanielNorway wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:28 am
leejhayward wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 am
The other reason is purely cosmetic, I don't particularly like the look of the DI2 blank, I wanted to fit the proper bar end stoppers which also allows a better finish on the bar tape wrap around the bar ends.
I see. I have to choose my self now. I do not think that the junction in seatpost look so clean either, and routing in seatpost is a bit messy I think. But I do agree that the junction/blank in bar end do not look so good either.
Then don't use the blank. There's no reason why you have to. I just use a regular bar end on tthe opposite side. The blank gets thrown away immediately.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:31 pm
Then don't use the blank. There's no reason why you have to. I just use a regular bar end on tthe opposite side. The blank gets thrown away immediately.
That is very asymmetric? :noidea:

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

DanielNorway wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:58 pm
LanceLegstrong wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:31 pm
That is very asymmetric? :noidea:
Bikes aren't really symmetric though. You have a drivetrain on one side, you have discs on one side, you have cables going different places on either side, even wheels can be dished asymmetrically. I like the look of the bar end way better than the blank. To each their own I guess.

Edit: here's my SL6. I think it looks better with the matching bar end rather than the blank. But I guess it's personal preference.

Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I should get that tape and top cap for my Bianchi (which also has PRO Vibe Aero bars)!

kppolich

by kppolich

Real World Review:
No complaints about the bike after 1300 miles of riding. Really happy with the bike, fit, and ride quality.
56cm - 7.3kg
56cm frame was 1003g

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:43 pm
I think it looks better with the matching bar end rather than the blank. But I guess it's personal preference.
I agree the matching bar plug looks better :)

Any one has experience with saddlebags and the di2-junction in seatpost? Have been looking at det Silca Asymmetrico Seat Roll..

mgrl

by mgrl

I use a saddle bag and so far there has been zero issue. Also keeps it a bit less free of grime.

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

mgrl wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:14 pm
I use a saddle bag and so far there has been zero issue. Also keeps it a bit less free of grime.
Which type?

mgrl

by mgrl

Topeak Aero Wedge, nothing fancy

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

I was mostly thinking about fit vs the di2-junction.

Geraint

by Geraint

DanielNorway wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am
Any one has experience with saddlebags and the di2-junction in seatpost? Have been looking at det Silca Asymmetrico Seat Roll..
I have that combo and it's fine

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

Geraint wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:39 pm
DanielNorway wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am
I have that combo and it's fine
Thanks! Do you have a picture?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com