2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

macwatt wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:51 am
Great choice of colours lovely bike 👍

31755877-C189-41DC-9AF1-3AFD87F0669C.jpeg

Current weight 7.8 kg with pedals

Waiting for SRAM Red crankset with power meter to arrive
Where did you get this frame? Do they sell it in the US?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pamoreira

by pamoreira

Anyone knows of any companies that make/sell frame protection kits for the SL7?

I normally use Invisiframe, but they don't list the SL7 kits in size 52 (which is my frame size). Any other alternatives similar to Invisiframe?

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Anybody got pictures of an SL7 with an integrated bar/stem combo? Something like the Bontrager Aeolus RSL or similar.

Related question, why doesn't Specialized offer one? I know they have the Alpinist, but it's not really aero focused at all. The only reason I can think of is that a lot of their big name sprinters like Sagan and Bennett like to use other stems. But the current combo of the tarmac stem and aerofly bars is heavy; mine comes in at 412g for 110 and 42. Meanwhile the Bontrager option is 120g lighter.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

survivor

by survivor

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:00 pm
Anybody got pictures of an SL7 with an integrated bar/stem combo? Something like the Bontrager Aeolus RSL or similar.

Related question, why doesn't Specialized offer one? I know they have the Alpinist, but it's not really aero focused at all. The only reason I can think of is that a lot of their big name sprinters like Sagan and Bennett like to use other stems. But the current combo of the tarmac stem and aerofly bars is heavy; mine comes in at 412g for 110 and 42. Meanwhile the Bontrager option is 120g lighter.
I'm actually looking at a stem/bar combo option for the SL7 as well. I found Deda Elementi Alanera DCR, which not only works with SL7 but also has a top cover adapter for SL7 (item code# HDALADCRTCSPEC1) which would enable the full cable integration, with no visible cable at all.

http://www.dedaelementi.com/en/alanera-dcr/
http://www.dedaelementi.com/download/De ... B-3-21.pdf

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

survivor wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 pm
LanceLegstrong wrote:

I'm actually looking at a stem/bar combo option for the SL7 as well. I found Deda Elementi Alanera DCR, which not only works with SL7 but also has a top cover adapter for SL7 (item code# HDALADCRTCSPEC1) which would enable the full cable integration, with no visible cable at all.

That looks interesting. The other one I waas looking at was the Black Inc but I'm not sure how the cable routing would look. There's also like 3 different Canyon options.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

treyxt

by treyxt

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:49 pm
survivor wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:

That looks interesting. The other one I waas looking at was the Black Inc but I'm not sure how the cable routing would look. There's also like 3 different Canyon options.
I don't think those would work with the cable routing of the SL7, the dedae looking interesting though
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

SeanofChelsea

by SeanofChelsea

Are there any numbers comparing the stiffness of the 10R frame to the 12R?

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

pamoreira wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:48 am
Anyone knows of any companies that make/sell frame protection kits for the SL7?

I normally use Invisiframe, but they don't list the SL7 kits in size 52 (which is my frame size). Any other alternatives similar to Invisiframe?
Outside of buying protective film and installing yourself, your best bet is to go to a place that installs PFF on cars.

Some aren't willing to work on bikes but there are a few that will.

I got a friend who is working on my SL7 and I can post a few pics when he is done.

***Edit***

I forgot to mention that another good idea is to call bike painters in your area. I'm sure they know of people who are willing to wrap your frame.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

872g - 58cm - Carbon / Chameleon Silver Green Colour
854g - 56cm - Blue Tint over Spectraflair / Brushed Chrome
831g - 54cm - Snake Eye / Satin Black
811g - 56cm - Sagan Deconstructivism
805g - 56cm - Dusty Blue Pearl / Cast Blue Metallic
790g - 56cm - Trinity Team Bike
786g - 56cm - Carbon / Chameleon Silver Green Colour Run
784g - 54cm - Dusty Blue Pearl / Cast Blue Metallic
783g - 54cm - Dusty Blue Pearl / Cast Blue Metallic
779g - 54cm - Dusty Blue Pearl / Cast Blue Metallic
773g - 54cm - Dusty Blue Pearl / Cast Blue Metallic
771g - 52cm - Snake Eye / Satin Black
755g - 52cm - Carbon / Chameleon Silver Green Colour Run
721g - 49cm - Carbon / Chameleon Silver Green Colour Run
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

jadedaid

by jadedaid

I've been mulling over the idea of the SL7 for some time now. Does anyone have an idea what the wait times currently are for a frame set order in the US?

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

Last edited by Ride4Life on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

jadedaid wrote:I've been mulling over the idea of the SL7 for some time now. Does anyone have an idea what the wait times currently are for a frame set order in the US?
I just bought one. In the NY area there are a few bike shops with frames available. You can check it in the Specialized website. The frames are sold out in the website but it has a link to find bike shops near you with the size and color you choose.
The shop I bought mine had the Aerofly II and whatever group set you want.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

sealucky

by sealucky

survivor wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:

wow, interesting, will their superbox stem work with sl7 frame?

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

Any idea when we might see some new colorways (2022)?

jadedaid

by jadedaid

Fideliojbc wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:15 am
jadedaid wrote:I've been mulling over the idea of the SL7 for some time now. Does anyone have an idea what the wait times currently are for a frame set order in the US?
I just bought one. In the NY area there are a few bike shops with frames available.
Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Thanks! Will try to drop Redbeard a line.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com