2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

For me, the Enve bars are just perfect. Everything about them suits my geo and riding style. I'll give up 50g for this any day of the week.

I'll still be using my Carbon-Ti rings with 9270 since they're compatible with both 11 and 12 speed chains. I'm actually using an XTR 12 speed chain on them now and they shift perfectly.

Wet and dry sandpaper can fix the 'Red' decals on the cranks, then just clearcoat to finish.

My friend is a current pro and he uses 140/140mm rotors at 69kg. But for 10g or so, if it helps your confidence, run the 160 front.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

nikonero

by nikonero

Legend :thumbup:

Certainly worth considering all of those factors. Just need to find a SRAM Red D1 crank arm assembly, they appear sold out everywhere.

Re rotors, I'm sure pro's brake less than I would, but 140/140 would also be fine... I'll be coming from rim brakes so disc will be an improvement, but nice to have some additional comfort of slightly more stopping power and heat disipation from the 160.

I'll keep you posted when this dream becomes a reality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

nikonero wrote:Legend :thumbup:

Certainly worth considering all of those factors. Just need to find a SRAM Red D1 crank arm assembly, they appear sold out everywhere.

Re rotors, I'm sure pro's brake less than I would, but 140/140 would also be fine... I'll be coming from rim brakes so disc will be an improvement, but nice to have some additional comfort of slightly more stopping power and heat disipation from the 160.

I'll keep you posted when this dream becomes a reality.
The ENVE bars are narrower up top and wider or wide as your current bars in the drops. Makes it the perfect bar for the person looking to get small and aero up top and retaining the sprint stance in the drops.

140 rotors are more than sufficient for road use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ronin416 on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blaaz

by blaaz

blaaz wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:22 am
Has anybody calculated the weights of expert and pro 2022 models? I ordered a pro model in carbon color size 56, but i am worried it will not be superlight as advertized by the name due to force groupset. I am already planning to change for red cranks and casette.
Anyone? :)

nikonero

by nikonero

Thanks Ronin

I did look up Enve handlebars and they look very appealing for exactly that reason. My current handlebars are 40cm and don't have much flair, the ability to come in at the hoods is brilliant because even 40 feels slightly too wide for me.

sigma

by sigma

ryanw wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:21 pm
11-25T isn't possible since smallest Shimano 12 speed cassette is 11-28T. Maybe use SRAM XG-1290 but smallest is 11-26T.

OSPW adds 70g to standard system, so take that into consideration.

Only use rear Carbon-Ti axle since front doesn't support fork as it should.

Saddle must be sub 100g. Alpitude, Berk, AX Lightness, Tune all good candidates.

Tyres need to be max of 250g each (new 25c GP5000S TR fit the bill around 245-250g each).

Could run THM cranks with Favero PM pedals as an option. If going Quarq, must be Red arms since you can't give away 140g on the heavy Quarq branded ones.

This is my 56cm @ 6.59kg but could be 6.47kg given the following:

-70g OSPW to standard cage
-50g Enve bars to Roval Rapides

Now your frame will be 100g+ lighter, seatpost 40g and stem probably 20g, so in theory, minicing my spec with above changes would get you to 6.3kg. I'd also run 140/140 rotors at your weight, assuming you're not a chonk.
Ryan didn't you shift over to the 454 NSW at some point? I seem to recall you giving them a try. i am curious to try them but wondering what your impressions were? I also am running carbon ti rings with a 12 speed xtr chain and I think it's as good if not better than the the 11 speed DA setup I had before in terms of shift quality. Outstanding.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

raffit78

by raffit78

When I picked this bike up a few weeks back, she weighed in at 8.575kg with dt Swiss 470’s stock bars, rival group set

Currently I added the s works seat, red crankset, 4iiii power meter, red Rear derailleur, 11/33 force cassette, rapid aero fly ii bars, alpinist wheels, tubolito inner tubes, 25c vittorias, dura ace pedals. She weighs in at 6.340kg

Waiting on seatpost from darimo, I think that’s the best I can do for it to be a training bike. Would like to lighten the saddle a bit more but I don’t know if they will be as comfortable as the s works saddle.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Good work one of my favourite things is saving a bike from heavier parts

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Ronin416

by Ronin416

raffit78 wrote:When I picked this bike up a few weeks back, she weighed in at 8.575kg with dt Swiss 470’s stock bars, rival group set

Currently I added the s works seat, red crankset, 4iiii power meter, red Rear derailleur, 11/33 force cassette, rapid aero fly ii bars, alpinist wheels, tubolito inner tubes, 25c vittorias, dura ace pedals. She weighs in at 6.340kg

Waiting on seatpost from darimo, I think that’s the best I can do for it to be a training bike. Would like to lighten the saddle a bit more but I don’t know if they will be as comfortable as the s works saddle.

Nicely done! What a difference!

carborush

by carborush

raffit78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 am
When I picked this bike up a few weeks back, she weighed in at 8.575kg with dt Swiss 470’s stock bars, rival group set

Is this a 56 frame or smaller ?
Planning on doing a similar build with 58 size sworks frame and alpinist wheels.
(That is if frame en groupo will be deliverd this decade... :roll: )

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

7.34kg I assume, not 6.34.

Everything on that bike is heavier than mine apart from 140g on the wheels.

Currently running the new 454s on my SL7, rate them and prefer the aesthetics.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Hello people, Does the SL7 seat post have a cover for the area that would be taken up by the Di2 Junction Box? I am curious to see what the seat post hatch cover looks like on the SL7. The Venge has one and and you can even buy it from Speciaized, but there are no real images on their site or online in general. I would just like to see what the actual cover looks like. Maybe someone woulc be so kind as to post a picture of the hatch cover.

pmprego

by pmprego

ryanw wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:00 am
7.34kg I assume, not 6.34.

It has to be. Or that scale is really off.

raffit78

by raffit78

ryanw wrote:7.34kg I assume, not 6.34.

Correct I apologize 7.34 not 6.34

Geraint

by Geraint

WheresWaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 pm
Hello people, Does the SL7 seat post have a cover for the area that would be taken up by the Di2 Junction Box? I am curious to see what the seat post hatch cover looks like on the SL7. The Venge has one and and you can even buy it from Speciaized, but there are no real images on their site or online in general. I would just like to see what the actual cover looks like. Maybe someone woulc be so kind as to post a picture of the hatch cover.
Spesh part numbers S209900058 (20mm offset seatpost) or S209900057 (0mm)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com