2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jarett

by Jarett

S-Works Rojo LTD :)
69192547639__C58BBDB7-9AE8-4F6F-9BDF-E378B9E4A2C2.JPG

fritzbox

by fritzbox

:thumbup: Cool

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milanv

by milanv

Wow!

jadedaid

by jadedaid

Jarett wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 am
That' s a great colour. Share a picture once it's built up?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Jarett wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 am
69192547639__C58BBDB7-9AE8-4F6F-9BDF-E378B9E4A2C2.JPG
It looks better here than I thought it did in any of the official pictures. I can't wait to see the final build.

MilesG813

by MilesG813

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:24 pm
What kind of power numbers are needed for rings that big? I don't think I could ever use those. I'm still on 50/34 at around 340W FTP. I'm also a big guy at 85kg so a less impressive FTP and likely won't ever get strong enough to go bigger.
I did a century this weekend with over 4,400 feet of climbing (I know not a lot but a ton to me in Florida) and while I finished in 5:23 despite a flat, I could see how the 54-40 would be a lot if you lived anywhere with any sort of elevation. A couple of times I hit that shifter looking for an easier gear only to find silence. However that is the hardest (uphill) riding I will do in Florida and l made it, so definitely location dependant. My average cadence was 84 which is about 4 rpm below my prefered cadence of 88, I guess to be expected with more climbing than I am used to.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

mutellator

by mutellator

Could someone share the specs for the bolt that attaches the Barfly mount to the Tarmac stem? Mine rattled out during a race and I'd rather not have to buy an entire new kit!
Last edited by mutellator on Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jadedaid

by jadedaid

mutellator wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:46 pm
Coudl someone share the specs for the bolt that attaches the Barfly mount to the Tarmac stem? Mine rattled out during a race and I'd rather not have to buy an entire new kit!
Same thing happened to me with bolts on the mount - I went to a Specialized dealer and they just gave me a new bolt for free. Worth a try!

mutellator

by mutellator

jadedaid wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:49 pm
mutellator wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:46 pm
Coudl someone share the specs for the bolt that attaches the Barfly mount to the Tarmac stem? Mine rattled out during a race and I'd rather not have to buy an entire new kit!
Same thing happened to me with bolts on the mount - I went to a Specialized dealer and they just gave me a new bolt for free. Worth a try!
My local dealers only told me they had the entire $60 kit in stock :lol:

Aeltae

by Aeltae

Does anyone know when the 2023 colors of the S worls and specialized frames get released for the Tarmac? I'm particularly interested in the satin red onyx granite over black (those names...) S-works color.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Aeltae wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:41 pm
Does anyone know when the 2023 colors of the S worls and specialized frames get released for the Tarmac? I'm particularly interested in the satin red onyx granite over black (those names...) S-works color.
I don't know what that color is, that you're referencing.... but the 2023 colros are already out.

bikeaddict314

by bikeaddict314

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:59 am
Aeltae wrote:
I don't know what that color is, that you're referencing.... but the 2023 colros are already out.
There's still other colors that needs to be release. There's a deep metallic blue, the bianchi color 10R, and red onyx color. Some of these colors are already listed on different region speciclized sites.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

bikeaddict314 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:18 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:59 am
Aeltae wrote:
There's still other colors that needs to be release. There's a deep metallic blue, the bianchi color 10R, and red onyx color. Some of these colors are already listed on different region speciclized sites.
Just because they've been released in other regions doesn't mean they aare coming to your region... It is actually quite common for Specialized to release different colors to different regions and I can't ever recall seeing an example where a colorway was released in one region and then released at a later date the same year in a different region. It is actually pretty uncommon for new colorways to come out mid year, from Specialized. The only times it has happened is for the announcment of a new model... i.e. when the new Tarmac is announced before the TDF, or if a component manfacturer comes out with an all new top tier groupset, like when SRAM debuted the 12 speed red they did the special white/silver Tarmac.

Historically, new colorways are announced to the dealers in August or so... I know I've heard stories from people here in the states that have gone to the dealer event around the time of year... the dealers would then start getting new colroways for the upcoming year in that Oct.-Dec. time frame.... it seems the new colorway announcements were either a little late this year, or we, the public just found out about them later. If you're interested in that red color... go to your local Specialized dealer and tell them you're ready to plunk down the cash and want to buy... see if they can order it.

Aeltae

by Aeltae

Thanks a lot for the answer!

I totally did not know that colors where restricted to certain regions. :?
That's quite a bummer actually.
And it's also very weird. I checked for example on the Specialized websites of France and Germany where the Red Onyx is available but not in Belgium, Switzerland or the Netherlands. Does not really make sense to me to be honest.

But you think a dealer can still other in even when the colors is 'not planned to be released' in a specific country?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Aeltae wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:03 pm
Thanks a lot for the answer!

I totally did not know that colors where restricted to certain regions. :?
That's quite a bummer actually.
And it's also very weird. I checked for example on the Specialized websites of France and Germany where the Red Onyx is available but not in Belgium, Switzerland or the Netherlands. Does not really make sense to me to be honest.

But you think a dealer can still other in even when the colors is 'not planned to be released' in a specific country?
The way it has been explained to me, it isn't that certain colros are restricted, but rather market research has shown that certain colors are more popular in different areas, so different styles are targeted to different regions. I would also say that the amount of choice has gone down over the years for different models. This is mostly due to the lessening of groupset options... For example, In 2014-2015, the model line up looked like this:

1. S-Works Tarmac complete bike with two different color options that had dura-ace Di2
2. S-Works Tarmac "race" complete bike two different colorways that had SRAM RED mechanical
3. Tarmac "Pro" complete bike with two colorways that had Dura-ace mechanical
4. Tarmac Expert Di2 Complete bike with two colorways that had Ultegra Di2
5. Tarmac Expert Complete bike with two colorways that had Ultegra Mechanical
6. Tarmac Comp Complete with two colorways that had 105 mechanical.

Plus there'd usually be 4-5 S-Works frame set colorways... that were not used in the complete bike option. Back then, 3 different world team teams were using Specialized, so they each had their livery as an option for the frameset. Also back then, Specialized had a Women's specific model, the Amira, so there were several options there...

When you think now that what you see on the website represents both male and female oriented options and we have really NO mechanical groupset options anymore, there are definetely a LOT less options.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com