2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ronin416

by Ronin416

macwatt wrote:
mistap wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:24 pm
Any recommendations on a clincher tyre that are not tubeless for the Rovals. Had a knitemare puncture with some Contis 5000s at the roadside, they were so hard to get on and off. The turbo cottons are great but too puncture prone for daily riding in Kent. Anyone had any success with other brands?
TIA
I currently use Specialized Turbo Cottons never had any punctures or issues but have some sidewall damage to front and rear tyre so I have ordered MICHELIN Power Cup Competition to give them a try which should offer more protection.
Let us know how it goes with the Power Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smeady

by smeady

Is anyone running a 1 piece bar/stem combo with their SL7? I could only find one person who put a Farsports F1 but I'm curious what other options there are that work well with the SL7.

I'm pretty surprised Spec hasn't done a one-piece aero bar, seems like there would be a decent sized market for it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

treyxt

by treyxt

smeady wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:25 am
Is anyone running a 1 piece bar/stem combo with their SL7? I could only find one person who put a Farsports F1 but I'm curious what other options there are that work well with the SL7.

I'm pretty surprised Spec hasn't done a one-piece aero bar, seems like there would be a decent sized market for it
The vision metron 5d acr works. They have a spacer on their site for it to fit with all internal routing too. There is someone I've seen at a few group rides in my area with them on his SL7. It looks nice.
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

gruppetto

by gruppetto

smeady wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:25 am

Deda Alanera offers a spacer for their cockpit and it fits perfectly.

jadedaid

by jadedaid

mistap wrote:
Any recommendations on a clincher tyre that are not tubeless for the Rovals. Had a knitemare puncture with some Contis 5000s at the roadside, they were so hard to get on and off. The turbo cottons are great but too puncture prone for daily riding in Kent. Anyone had any success with other brands?
TIA
I ride the turbo cottons on the Rapides. Do about two sets a year. Never had a puncture on these tyres, except in a rainstorm in Denmark where sand caused trouble. The missus was on GP5000 and also punctured. I never got on with the GP5000s myself, had a surprisingly high amount of punctures on those (about 1x a month). Have one bike on the Sworks turbo, never had a puncture on those either, but only have about 1k miles on those and the ride is also not on par with the TC.

The new GP5000 transparent is clearly a bit different to the original ones (those were a nightmare to put on) so maybe they're also a better tire.

mistap

by mistap

jadedaid wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:38 pm
mistap wrote:
TIA
I ride the turbo cottons on the Rapides. Do about two sets a year. Never had a puncture on these tyres, except in a rainstorm in Denmark where sand caused trouble. The missus was on GP5000 and also punctured. I never got on with the GP5000s myself, had a surprisingly high amount of punctures on those (about 1x a month). Have one bike on the Sworks turbo, never had a puncture on those either, but only have about 1k miles on those and the ride is also not on par with the TC.

The new GP5000 transparent is clearly a bit different to the original ones (those were a nightmare to put on) so maybe they're also a better tire.
Yep mine were the transparent. Look great but so tough to get on and off the Roval. I am back on the turbo's but may give the Michelins a go.

Nick38

by Nick38

Guys I’m looking to change stem bolts on my SL7 Pro with titanium ones as they’ve corroded slightly. Anyone know what spec/size they are and can recommend a UK supplier?

Cheers

gruppetto

by gruppetto

Nick38 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:41 pm
Guys I’m looking to change stem bolts on my SL7 Pro with titanium ones as they’ve corroded slightly. Anyone know what spec/size they are and can recommend a UK supplier?

Cheers
Should be M5x16mm.

req110

by req110

Let's try tanwall for next 5000km.

SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Beauty!
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

r3m

by r3m

Anyone know when the 2023 Colors will be avaiable ?

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I second the question for 2023 colors (for me the Aethos is more interesting, but should be about the same).
They did a "early 2022" update where the Sand/Gold for example was added. Don't know if they do 2 updates annually now.
Late august, early September used to be the standard, but what's standard today?
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

jadedaid

by jadedaid

NotYou wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:55 am
jadedaid wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:23 pm
I've had a weird sensation with my SL7 the last few rides, which is that I don't feel confidence in the front end. Specifically, it feels as if the front wheel is 'wobbling' and I can't trust the contact patch that I'm giving it. This is very unlike what the ride has been on all other rides, where I could trust to thread the bike as I needed. I initially thought my front wheel was out of true, but that's not the case. The wheel is good. It's almost as if the front is flexing and rebounding and causing a front end wobble. .
Have you already checked the spoke tension in the front wheel?
You were on the money. Apparently, the Rapide CL wheels which come on the Pro have an issue with the spokes. Specifically, the round spokes they use on the CL version cannot handle the tension on the non-rotor side and twist. Had a twisted spoke in there which was throwing off the wheel. Had to replace all the spokes on the right side with thicker spokes. This was after 1k on the wheels which seems absurd to me.

Apparently flat spokes would not have had this issue as I had no issues with the CLX wheels. Next time round I'm just going to replace all the spokes with flat spokes.

man1ac

by man1ac

Is there a Handlebar that doenst have any offset angle (dunno how to describe it better) which increases the reach further?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leejhayward

by leejhayward

Just in the process of fitting my Berk Lupina and the rails are measuring up slightly small (8.4mm on my calipers), against the 9mm standard carbon rail fitting. Will a bit of gripper paste be sufficient to take up the slight back and forth motion due to the rails being slightly smaller. I also note that the torque spec on the saddle itself is also only 5nm, which doesn't help taking up the slight movement. Any additional advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Lee