2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jbott

by jbott

FatLadAtTheBack wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:20 pm
jbott wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:23 pm
FatLadAtTheBack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 pm
Has anyone had any issues with carbon rails in the Specialized rail clamp?

I have this saddlehttps://fabric.cc/products/saddles/scoo ... mm-saddle/ for my bike which says it has 7x9mm rails so it should fit perfectly, but it's not quite snug in the clamp (like a mm too big so there's the slightest gap).

Problem? Anyone else found their 7x9mm saddle doesn't quite fit as expected?
Im usung a Prologo NACK which is a 9.3mm (???) high rail. The Specilized clamp was unusable and not enough material to modify it to work.

I bought the J&L 10mm clamp off eBay and then had to carefully wrap the rails with cloth tape. It's working without issue. Since then I have bought a J&L 9mm clamp and plan to attempt to customize it to work. More material to work with than the Spec.

Maybe some day I'll buy a Darimo SP.
Is the Prologo advertised as 9.3mm rails? I can't help feel a bit miffed that my advertised 7x9mm rails aren't actually 7x9mm...
I don't think it is by Prologo, but most online sellers list it as 9.3mm high. I've gone through too many saddles to change from this one that fits, but it really is a pain in the ass (to make it work).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FatLadAtTheBack

by FatLadAtTheBack

Can anyone recommend a saddle with 7x9mm carbon rails that definitely fits the Tarmac saddle clamp?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

FatLadAtTheBack wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:30 pm
Can anyone recommend a saddle with 7x9mm carbon rails that definitely fits the Tarmac saddle clamp?
Every Fizik saddle with carbon 7x9 rails I've had, has fit my bikes... Venge, Tarmac SL5, Tarmac SL6, SWorks Allez, Diverge.

niftyz

by niftyz

Sorry off topic here , anyone knows the height of sl7 headset cap ?

liam7020

by liam7020

FatLadAtTheBack wrote:
San Marco Aspide FX carbon.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

niftyz wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 pm
Around 12mm if I remember correctly.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

pmprego

by pmprego

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:35 am
niftyz wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 pm
Around 12mm if I remember correctly.
Yes, but also said here is that the minimum height one must have is around 19mm.

sunco1

by sunco1

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:10 am
FatLadAtTheBack wrote:
Every Fizik saddle with carbon 7x9 rails I've had, has fit my bikes... Venge, Tarmac SL5, Tarmac SL6, SWorks Allez, Diverge.
I've just bought the Fizik argo vento adaptive and it has 7x10 rails. I put it on my epic for now until i figure out how to get it on my SL7. Lol

ODC

by ODC

Anybody who's ridden the S-works Romin Evo saddle that tried the S-works Romin mirror saddle? How do they compare with each other?

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I have both. What do you want to know? In general I can say that the Romin mirror 3D printed saddle looks amazing and sits really comfy and firm where you need it. The Romin Evo Pro sits a lot firmer. The Romin Mirror sits better imho, but there is 1 aspect that I find less good then the Romin mirror Evo and that is the top sheet of the saddle. The Romin Mirror is a bit stiff sliding so you need to raise your ass to move it on the saddle. The Romin mirror is much more expensive then the Mirror Evo Pro but imho this is worth it although the Romin Mirror is overall too expensive for what it is. If you need more info you can ask.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

ODC

by ODC

poppiholla wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 6:42 am
I have both. What do you want to know? In general I can say that the Romin mirror 3D printed saddle looks amazing and sits really comfy and firm where you need it. The Romin Evo Pro sits a lot firmer. The Romin Mirror sits better imho, but there is 1 aspect that I find less good then the Romin mirror Evo and that is the top sheet of the saddle. The Romin Mirror is a bit stiff sliding so you need to raise your ass to move it on the saddle. The Romin mirror is much more expensive then the Mirror Evo Pro but imho this is worth it although the Romin Mirror is overall too expensive for what it is. If you need more info you can ask.
Thanks for your response.
So the Mirror version is better for not sliding a lot on your saddle?
Did you need to change you saddle height when you installed the Mirror after riding with the normal Romin?

poppiholla

by poppiholla

You're welcome. Yes I did. The mirror version is a little bit higher. If you slide a lot on the saddle a test ride on the mirror version would be good idea. It is not a big deal to lift your ass a little bit when you want to slide back or forward but the top of the mirror saddle is not as smooth/slippery as the "leather" on the Romin Evo Pro. I hope this helps because it is difficult to define the differences.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

poppiholla wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:47 am
If you slide a lot on the saddle a test ride on the mirror version would be good idea. It is not a big deal to lift your ass a little bit when you want to slide back or forward but the top of the mirror saddle is not as smooth/slippery as the "leather" on the Romin Evo Pro. I hope this helps because it is difficult to define the differences.
I have the Power Mirror which has the same/similar top texture. I like that it's a little more grippy. I feel more planted and secure in the saddle when putting out big efforts. Like I'm locked in. That said, it doesn't stay super grippy for long (though still grippier than normal) and I don't find much difference sliding around on it compared to normal saddles, that is, I don't have to consciously lift my butt to move around. Maybe it's just become second nature.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Vincentsmoox

by Vincentsmoox

LanceLegstrong wrote:
poppiholla wrote:
If you slide a lot on the saddle a test ride on the mirror version would be good idea. It is not a big deal to lift your ass a little bit when you want to slide back or forward but the top of the mirror saddle is not as smooth/slippery as the "leather" on the Romin Evo Pro. I hope this helps because it is difficult to define the differences.
I have the Power Mirror which has the same/similar top texture. I like that it's a little more grippy. I feel more planted and secure in the saddle when putting out big efforts. Like I'm locked in. That said, it doesn't stay super grippy for long (though still grippier than normal) and I don't find much difference sliding around on it compared to normal saddles, that is, I don't have to consciously lift my butt to move around. Maybe it's just become second nature.
Did mirror saddle make bibshort shorter life span? Since the surface is rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Vincentsmoox wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:23 pm
LanceLegstrong wrote:
poppiholla wrote:
Did mirror saddle make bibshort shorter life span? Since the surface is rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in my experience.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com