2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommyb

by tommyb

Is that a new stem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TaylorB

by TaylorB

fljones3 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:13 am
TaylorB wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:48 am
fljones3 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 am
TaylorB wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:20 pm
Has anyone found a way to get ahold of some Roval Rapide/aerofly II bars?
I am in US and just been notified that my pre-order of Rapide bars on June 8th will be shipped next week.
For real?! Which Bike store did you order through?
JUST got my shipping notice. Arrival Wednesday!
I snagged some as well! Looks like they all sold out in about 12 hours. Now I am debating whether to use the Enve SES aero bar (I like the flare) or the Roval Rapide bar.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

TaylorB wrote:
fljones3 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:13 am
TaylorB wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:48 am
fljones3 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 am
I am in US and just been notified that my pre-order of Rapide bars on June 8th will be shipped next week.
For real?! Which Bike store did you order through?
JUST got my shipping notice. Arrival Wednesday!
I snagged some as well! Looks like they all sold out in about 12 hours. Now I am debating whether to use the Enve SES aero bar (I like the flare) or the Roval Rapide bar.
Like Specialized says #AEROISEVERYTHING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

When is the earliest we can order the new Pro models in the US?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

tommyb wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Is that a new stem?
That's an interesting question. When you zoom in though they're actually drawn except for the frame.

Has anyone actually got an sworks 2022 frame? I've seen photos of one bike for a shop opening in Italy??!!

Spacemedic

by Spacemedic

DCcyclist wrote:When is the earliest we can order the new Pro models in the US?
I ordered one 10 days ago from spokes.

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Spacemedic wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:56 am
DCcyclist wrote:When is the earliest we can order the new Pro models in the US?
I ordered one 10 days ago from spokes.
Thanks!
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Maddie

by Maddie

I painted my frame black matte and added DIY decals, silver brushed. Handlebar/stem combo is Farsports F1. Smaller Di2 cables for new Ultegra/DA groupset already in place, waiting for parts. Not having to route cables to shifters is a nice change for me (Shimano forever :D :D )

mgrl

by mgrl

Looking sharp!

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

Maddie wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 pm
I painted my frame black matte and added DIY decals, silver brushed. Handlebar/stem combo is Farsports F1. Smaller Di2 cables for new Ultegra/DA groupset already in place, waiting for parts. Not having to route cables to shifters is a nice change for me (Shimano forever :D :D )

What frame colour way was it?

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

zappafile123 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:05 am
Andrew69 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:23 am
guyc wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:43 pm
$14000 for an off the shelf mass-produced bike is insane.

Those big WT team sponsorships have to be paid for somewhere I guess.
Pffft, thats nothing!
Wait till you pay the "Australia tax"
We get ripped off here on pretty much everything compared to what the rest of the world pays
S-Works SL7 with either Red AXS or 9270 is a cool AU$20100!
Yeah wow... 20k... for a Tarmac when in 5 years time they be flipped for 5k. Its sort of a joke. 20k back in the day would get you something utterly exclusive and unique... and it still does!

To dubiously extrapolate go off my own values... I reckon allotting a maximum of 10% of one's annual disposable income a year on cycling is within the bounds of being 'reasonable'. That means an individual should have an annual disaposable income of roughly $200,000 to be considered to be (economically) 'reasonable' when purchasing a 2022 Sworks Tarmac 9270.
Agreed that the current pricing is a bit out of hand.

On the flip side not all of us think anything like you when it comes to money. Sometimes (but not always) you get what you pay for. Personally I would much rather be happy with a purchase than concern myself with a couple of shekels. I would much rather do without than skimp and be unhappy with something I purchased due to price.

Talking about disposable income is a strawman argument from those that do not truly know how to maximize their funds.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

AMGRoadster wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 am
zappafile123 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:05 am
Andrew69 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:23 am
guyc wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:43 pm
$14000 for an off the shelf mass-produced bike is insane.

Those big WT team sponsorships have to be paid for somewhere I guess.
Pffft, thats nothing!
Wait till you pay the "Australia tax"
We get ripped off here on pretty much everything compared to what the rest of the world pays
S-Works SL7 with either Red AXS or 9270 is a cool AU$20100!
Yeah wow... 20k... for a Tarmac when in 5 years time they be flipped for 5k. Its sort of a joke. 20k back in the day would get you something utterly exclusive and unique... and it still does!

To dubiously extrapolate go off my own values... I reckon allotting a maximum of 10% of one's annual disposable income a year on cycling is within the bounds of being 'reasonable'. That means an individual should have an annual disaposable income of roughly $200,000 to be considered to be (economically) 'reasonable' when purchasing a 2022 Sworks Tarmac 9270.
Agreed that the current pricing is a bit out of hand.

On the flip side not all of us think anything like you when it comes to money. Sometimes (but not always) you get what you pay for. Personally I would much rather be happy with a purchase than concern myself with a couple of shekels. I would much rather do without than skimp and be unhappy with something I purchased due to price.

Talking about disposable income is a strawman argument from those that do not truly know how to maximize their funds.
Your're right that the disposable income thing is sort of a strawman. But the point of it is more to reflect on manufacturers trying to artifially lift bikes into the category of luxury goods that are increasinbly inaccessible to regular consumers.

Either way, I totally agree with your sentiment around bike purchases - there is never any point on comprimising, just get what you want. You always can if you're pateint enough. Its sort of silly to buy any bike in a shop at retail when there are always other options.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

riochang

by riochang

Couldn't wait for 2022 color to become available so I've built this unique fun ride with Sram rival xplr 1x. It's super clean, simple, cheap (relatively), and has everything I need. 44T chainring and 10-44 cassette.
Also worth mentioning that this rival xplr 1x full groupset with quarq carbon cranks is only 15g heavier than full sram red axs groupset but at 1/4th of price.

Maddie

by Maddie

Sleeprequired wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:25 pm
Maddie wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 pm
What frame colour way was it?
It was a custom painted frame that was never picked up. I bought it from LBS without warranty, sanded the frame to bare carbon (713g for size 54) and rode like that until recently. Then spontaneously decided to go for another color and change groupset. Don't know when I will ride it again :D :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

riochang wrote:Image
Couldn't wait for 2022 color to become available so I've built this unique fun ride with Sram rival xplr 1x. It's super clean, simple, cheap (relatively), and has everything I need. 44T chainring and 10-44 cassette.
Also worth mentioning that this rival xplr 1x full groupset with quarq carbon cranks is only 15g heavier than full sram red axs groupset but at 1/4th of price.
Are you leaving out the front derailleur and inner chainring in your comparison?

As I heard that Rival group is heavy and they were already heavy starting with Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk