Custom Geometry v C64

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Chilterncyclist1

by Chilterncyclist1

Hi!
I have a 5 year old Comtat Regale custom frameset and am considering a new frame. I am looking at the C64.
reach - 356
Stack - 530
TT - 507
HT - 125
Seat tube - 480

Versus C64
https://www.colnago.com/wp-content/uplo ... LOPING.pdf

Please can any one help. Or do I have to go down the custom route again. The bike is comfortable - but would like something more up to date.

Thanks

alanyu

by alanyu

How long and what degree is your stem? How many spacers?

If only comparing the frame geometry, you may need a 48h (not the s geometry in your link), or you may consider an endurance bike, e.g, synapse.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaveS

by DaveS

The reach on your frame is exceptionally short. A stock C64 would have a lot more reach. You need to post stem length and angle and spacers being used. With reach that short, you should also look at the head tube angle and trail. I would expect a lot of toe overlap, unless your old bike has a very slack head tube angle.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Honestly, if I had that kind of money to spend I'd go custom again. You'd have a Jenga amount of spacers with big manufacturer bikes unless you're fine with a very positive angled stem.

Chilterncyclist1

by Chilterncyclist1

I have a 100mm stem - not sure of degree....looks fairly flat.
Seat tube angle is 74.3
Fork rake is 71.5
The other angle measurement on the retul diagram is 4.7....top tube?
It does have a lot of toe overlap. Even worse now as my foot size has altered.
I have one cone spacer and then one spacer. Approx an inch.

Thanks!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

My wife requires similar stack and reach numbers as you do. This is a gemetry that very few true road bikes match. While not a true "road racing" bike, the Focus Paralane will fit you. It's a great all purpose bike that you should probably have in your stable regardless of other bikes you may own just because it is your geo.

With your numbers you will need to go with tall endurance bikes, otherwise as g32secs says - "a jenga amount of spacers" (:P pure genius) and a super short stem.

If you've got the cash, go custom. If you are willing to ride a 80mm stem (my wife uses 70mm), you could get a bike that is two centimeters longer and solve the toe overlap problem. ) Parlee Z Zero?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Chilterncyclist1

by Chilterncyclist1

Looked at the Parlee Z Zero and the Xs tall is bang on the numbers. But £8200. Just seen the Festka Scalatore frameset and the 50 would work.
I have a custom Rourke 953 and my Niner Gravel bike geo is not far off my Comtat geo. I think I am making progress with the Festka. 😊

guyc

by guyc

£8200 for frame and forks?

Crikey. That's punchy.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Yeah that Z-Zero is super expensive.

That reminds me though, the Parlee Altum in XS should also be close to your preferred geometry and can be had for reasonable money. No idea what an XS would ride like, but I have an Altum in ML and it is a fantastic bike. Very light, very comfortable, great climber, stable on descents, room for 28mm tires. Almost flawless. My only complaint is toe overlap because the frame is short (which you need).
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com