2020 Canyon Ultimate

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikefire

by bikefire

NordicSal wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 pm

I don't think you can. All models with the "new" tag are their 2020 offerings. The rest is 2019. Their "CF" bikes are older frames, while the CF SLX and SL are the newest available.
All the current Ultimate bikes are either CF SLX, CF SL or CF EVO. I don't see CF only bikes.

Only the top 3 most expensive Ultimate bikes have "New" tag. Looks like they roll out new models from top of the line, probabaly because they provide the top line bikes to pros first.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NordicSal

by NordicSal

bikefire wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 pm
NordicSal wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 pm

I don't think you can. All models with the "new" tag are their 2020 offerings. The rest is 2019. Their "CF" bikes are older frames, while the CF SLX and SL are the newest available.
All the current Ultimate bikes are either CF SLX, CF SL or CF EVO. I don't see CF only bikes.

Only the top 3 most expensive Ultimate bikes have "New" tag. Looks like they roll out new models from top of the line, probabaly because they provide the top line bikes to pros first.
Oh you're right. I was going by the Endurace. This is the old CF SL, it's available as a frameset.

That they have Ultimates listed as "new" indicates that they won't update the model for the 2020 season, imo. They don't have any Aeroads with the "new" tag however.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 00.25.52.png

bikefire

by bikefire

NordicSal wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 pm
That they have Ultimates listed as "new" indicates that they won't update the model for the 2020 season, imo. They don't have any Aeroads with the "new" tag however.
That is an interesting point, and makes sense. Probably they will just update the colors for 2020 ultimate.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

I doubt it will be just new colors. The ultimate is due for an update.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

ome rodriguez wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:04 am
No way they do aeroad and ultimate in one year.

bikefire

by bikefire

When was the last time Ultimate got updated?

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

Hello,
Since they juist released the ultimate cf EVO disc, I doubt very much that they would release a new 2020 ultimate. Theoretically, they could keep the EVO and update the otters but that would make their top-end bike look outdated ivs the others. My bet is model year 2021.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

SashaJoseph wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:02 am
Hello,
Since they juist released the ultimate cf EVO disc, I doubt very much that they would release a new 2020 ultimate. Theoretically, they could keep the EVO and update the otters but that would make their top-end bike look outdated ivs the others. My bet is model year 2021.
But remember Dogma F10 was announced a half year after F8 X-Light. I think EVO is basically a rehash of the current gen Ultimate (same mold yet thinner layups) and is not supposed to be their poster girls.

Roel W

by Roel W

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:20 am
ome rodriguez wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:04 am
No way they do aeroad and ultimate in one year.
Aeroad has been seen in real life (Mathieu Vandepoel during Primus Classic) so will be launched soon.
There's not any picture or spyshot out yet of a new Ultimate.
I don't think they will release 2 new framesets very shortly after each other.
2020 Ultimate will have some new color scheme's.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

When you go to their website, click road and you'll see all road models are new except for aeroad and ultimate.
The ultimate cf evo disc is no longer sold. All cf evo rimbrakes bikes and framesets are on sale.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

bikefire wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:15 pm
Do you guys know how to identfy the model year of the bikes listed in the online store? They don't show the model year as other manufacturers.
I do think that they have a "filter by year" option somewhere, not quite sure if available in the ultimate/aeroad pages, but at least in the "find your model", where you choose your use (road/mountain/...) you can select bikes by year, and filter to only show the "category" you want (endurance/ultimate/aeroad/...)

M4lukz

by M4lukz

ome rodriguez wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 am
When you go to their website, click road and you'll see all road models are new except for aeroad and ultimate.
The ultimate cf evo disc is no longer sold. All cf evo rimbrakes bikes and framesets are on sale.
Not sure if in other countries this is also true, but at least in the portuguese store, the Ultimate Evo got a pretty decent price cut, 2k on the disc model, 2.5k on the rim brake version...

I still put my money on 2020 ultimates being "re-painted", and a new aeroad for 2020

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com