Source for replacement 4030 BB bearings ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MichaelB

by MichaelB

OK, have purchased a C-Bear PF42-30-AC BB for my Cannondale Slate to keep running the SiSL2 cranks.

Realised after that the bearings are the 40x30x7 and are the same as those used in the BB Infinite version, and so far they are the only source I can find for replacement bearings (ceramic or steel).

Anyone know of any others ?

Thanks

Ritxis

by Ritxis

MichaelB wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:01 am
OK, have purchased a C-Bear PF42-30-AC BB for my Cannondale Slate to keep running the SiSL2 cranks.

Realised after that the bearings are the 40x30x7 and are the same as those used in the BB Infinite version, and so far they are the only source I can find for replacement bearings (ceramic or steel).

Thanks
SKF view in this web https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advan ... rrency=AUD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Ritxis wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:17 am
MichaelB wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:01 am

Thanks
SKF view in this web https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advan ... rrency=AUD
Thanks, found that before, but it’s just oil seals, not bearings

jbattermann

by jbattermann

Yeah I'd be interested, too.. never hurts to have an alternative at hand. Did you contact c-bear directly and asked if they sell replacement bearings?

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Not yet. Based on earlier posts in another thread, the question wasn't met with a good response from them.

May try again though

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Have sent Q to C-Bear, so will let you know when they respond.

From BB Infinite, it's US$120 for the ceramic set and US$60 for the Steel ABEC7 set (+ shipping).

They are the only place that I could find them.

Mind you, C-Bear and BB Infinite are the only two sites that make this BB option too - any others ?

Sockman

by Sockman

You should be able to take the bearing into a beast omg/bolt/fastener shop and they will be able to help you. My other half's dad has a connection at SKF and has been able to get me several different sized bearings over the years (bb, headset, wheel and other non bike related sizes!)

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Sockman wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 am
You should be able to take the bearing into a beast omg/bolt/fastener shop and they will be able to help you. My other half's dad has a connection at SKF and has been able to get me several different sized bearings over the years (bb, headset, wheel and other non bike related sizes!)
Maybe. All of the bearing places onl;ine that I have been able to search turn up zip, except some oil seals.

It might just be that BB Infinite have them made to order ?> Doesn't make sense that they are the only ones as the volumes must be small.

Curious :unbelievable:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Answer from C-Bear

Michael,
The PF42-30 AC is sold as a complete bottom bracket only.
By the way, when and where did you purchase the bottom bracket from?
Regards,
Bart
c-bear
+32 (0)11 603 208
facebook/cbearCeramicBottomBracket
Hmmmmm. Seems like the replacements will come from BB Infinite :?

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

MichaelB wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:20 pm
Answer from C-Bear

Michael,
The PF42-30 AC is sold as a complete bottom bracket only.
By the way, when and where did you purchase the bottom bracket from?
Regards,
Bart
c-bear
+32 (0)11 603 208
facebook/cbearCeramicBottomBracket
Hmmmmm. Seems like the replacements will come from BB Infinite :?
Did you ever get a response from them? I'm curious about running a 30mm crank in a bb86 setup.

Kurt

MichaelB

by MichaelB

@Kurt - nope, never got a reply

schlafen

by schlafen

Cbear are cunts to deal with, I've asked them a simple question about dimensions of a threaded bb they were selling and they told me to *f##k* off.

I believe you are looking for MR3040H7 bearings, plenty on ebay.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Attermann

by Attermann

I have the same experience, tried asking to buy some spacers so I can fit a dub chainset into a 4030 bearing, that wasn't possible at all, and then they just stopped responding to my next email

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

C-bear is horrible to deal with. I will never ever buy anything from them again. Total cunts.

BBinfinite on the other hand is amazing. I have two of their coated BB30 (same bearings as BB86 dub) and they are working flawlessly. Just re-greased one after 8000km and it looks brand new under the seals with pouring rain many times. Re-grease and good to go for a few more years.

Expensive, but definitely the best BB you can buy. Not sure where they get their bearings from!

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Thanks all for your replies. I feel like I am getting closer to making a BBInfinite purchase at some point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com