FSA K-Force WE electronic semi wireless component

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sqm

by sqm

Hi WWs.

I bought the FSA K-Force WE, its Taiwanese semi wireless component by FSA.

P1140407.JPG
Right lever. 156.

P1140407.JPG
Left lever. 158g.

Campy Super Record ERGO levers are 381g.
Attachments
P1140408.JPG
eddymerckx SANREMO76 DISC w/ SRAM Force 8.0kg
TIME Fluidity 2016 w/ Campy RECORD 6.8kg
BRIDGESTONE Steel 2015 w/ SRAM Rival 7.5kg

sqm

by sqm

P1140409.JPG
Front mecha with CPU, port switches and LEDs. 162g.

Campy Super Record EPS is 132g

P1140410.JPG
Rear mecha. 221g.

Campy Super Record EPS is 234g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sqm

by sqm

P1140411.JPG
Li-Ion battery. 1,150mAh. 74g.

Campy EPS V4 Power unit is 135g.

P1140412.JPG
Wires. 25g.

Levers + Front mecha + Rear mecha + Battery + wires = 796g

That is about 100g lighter than Campy Super Record EPS.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

What crankset, chain and cassette are you using if not FSA?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

sqm

by sqm

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm
What crankset, chain and cassette are you using if not FSA?
Hi,

I am using Lightning Carbon crankset with KCNC chainrings, KMC X11SL chain, edco 11s casette.
But I recommend the casette Shimano CS-R9100.

moock

by moock

Hope for a review from you :)

ehlpitel

by ehlpitel

I'd love to see an update to this as I just bought this group-set and am waiting for some wires to arrive this week.
2014 Madone 5.9 w/R9100 shifters and R8000 everything else- using 38mm ICANs or 60/90 SuperTeams- 7.25kgs with the ICANs and Garmin Vector S dual sided PM pedals- not super light but not a dog, either!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

ehlpitel wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:42 pm
I'd love to see an update to this as I just bought this group-set and am waiting for some wires to arrive this week.
It seems you would be the only one who can give an opinion since the other dude disappeared
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

ehlpitel

by ehlpitel

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:32 pm
ehlpitel wrote:
It seems you would be the only one who can give an opinion since the other dude disappeared
Ha, if anyone's interested, I'd be more than happy too- just not really doing a WW build this time around, but I still trust this website and go to it for info that I'm unable to find elsewhere. This would be going on my Madone and I'm between getting a Guru Photon (obviously a WW build w/that), a BMW Timemachine TMR01 with newer integrated rim brakes (definitely NOT a WW build lol, but one of my aero dream bikes), a Fuji Transonic (first gen not the current w/dropped seat-stays) or a Corratec CCT Evo and **maybe** an Allez Sprint. Only reason I'm not too keen on the sprint is b/c it doesn't have DM brakes, which I really want after experiencing them on my Madone- all the others have either DM brakes or w/e the BMC has- not sure if they're more akin to v-brakes or the DM brakes I've grown used to.

The FSA wires should be at my apt w/in a few days and depending how soon I get the frame, I might review the K-Force on both my Madone and whichever frame I end up grabbing.
2014 Madone 5.9 w/R9100 shifters and R8000 everything else- using 38mm ICANs or 60/90 SuperTeams- 7.25kgs with the ICANs and Garmin Vector S dual sided PM pedals- not super light but not a dog, either!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

ehlpitel wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:06 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
ehlpitel wrote:
Ha, if anyone's interested, I'd be more than happy too- just not really doing a WW build this time around, but I still trust this website and go to it for info that I'm unable to find elsewhere. This would be going on my Madone and I'm between getting a Guru Photon (obviously a WW build w/that), a BMW Timemachine TMR01 with newer integrated rim brakes (definitely NOT a WW build lol, but one of my aero dream bikes), a Fuji Transonic (first gen not the current w/dropped seat-stays) or a Corratec CCT Evo and **maybe** an Allez Sprint. Only reason I'm not too keen on the sprint is b/c it doesn't have DM brakes, which I really want after experiencing them on my Madone- all the others have either DM brakes or w/e the BMC has- not sure if they're more akin to v-brakes or the DM brakes I've grown used to.

The FSA wires should be at my apt w/in a few days and depending how soon I get the frame, I might review the K-Force on both my Madone and whichever frame I end up grabbing.
Well, i have always had a keen eye to FSA WE.
Only thing that have kept me off, is the distribution, support and parts availability.
The new WE (disc only) is very expensive. But as is, i believe this is going on discount sooner or later.
But that doesn't help much when it comes to what kept me off the first version.
It's really annoying enough that Sram doesn't supports gen 1 Etap.
Well, some components from AXS is backwards compatible.
But the FD is sadly not one of them.

I actually reach out to Sram and tried to fish if the forthcoming groupsets (AXS or something new) will maintain rim brake option in the top tier series.
However, nothing is clear.
Sram told me they really like getting feedback requests talking this matter.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

ehlpitel

by ehlpitel

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:31 am
ehlpitel wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:06 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
ehlpitel wrote:

Well, i have always had a keen eye to FSA WE.
Only thing that have kept me off, is the distribution, support and parts availability.
The new WE (disc only) is very expensive. But as is, i believe this is going on discount sooner or later.
But that doesn't help much when it comes to what kept me off the first version.
It's really annoying enough that Sram doesn't supports gen 1 Etap.
Well, some components from AXS is backwards compatible.
But the FD is sadly not one of them.

I actually reach out to Sram and tried to fish if the forthcoming groupsets (AXS or something new) will maintain rim brake option in the top tier series.
However, nothing is clear.
Sram told me they really like getting feedback requests talking this matter.
Hmm, FWIW, I ordered the cables directly from FSA earlier this week and they gave it to me at dealer cost plus 20% off- which still came out to an outlandish $130~ USD. I could've ordered the wires from Amazon or eBay (I did order them from Amazon before I called FSA), but it would take longer to get here, since FSA is shipping from their warehouse in the US (the ones from Amazon and eBay are coming from Europe thus the longer delivery time.

Only time will tell how well and for how long FSA supports the groupo, but I'm hoping it's at least few more years- we shall see though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com