Look 785 Chorus vs Izalco Max DAdi2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Arimmki

by Arimmki

Thanks everyone for the comments. I decided to go with the Huez. After testing Campagnolo a bit on a friend's bike, I decided that I'd go with mechanical Dura Ace after all.

So I walked into my LBS to talk potential deals, and if nothing else, order the frame from them. And then I caught something out of the corner of my eye...something "completely different"....something that I would've ruled out 100% on paper...but that was just so friggin' awesome when standing next to it....so I went for a short spin, and received an offer I couldn't refuse....and went home having put in an order for this:

So, thank you once again to everyone for the comments. If it wasn't for the decision to go with the Huez, I never would've bumped into this! Let's see if this baby can keep me putting in all those dark muddy slushy Scandinavian winter miles on my trusty cyclocross, so I'd actually have some legs to ride it come springtime... :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Team Murray

by Team Murray

I just bought that bike with ETap HRD. There are some positives: great descender, comfortable, fast sprinter. Negative: not a lightweight.

Arimmki

by Arimmki

Team Murray: good to hear! What size is that, a 55/L?

Yeah, I agonized briefly over the weight part, but being 80kg+ even at my slimmest, I realized the 1kg I could save by going with the Huez wouldn't turn me into Nairo Quintana anyway... :DDD

Also, there's no mountains where I live, which means rim brakes is enough, so a slightly lighter bike. Some of my usual routes have short and sharp hills, and I like to just power through them standing up, so I'm hoping that the stiffness of the Blade will make it a very nice bike for those routes as well.

Team Murray

by Team Murray

Mine is a large.

Sizing took some calculating to figure out. I typically ride a 56.5cm top tube with 73d seat tube angle. The Blade RS has seat angle of 75+ degrees and a top tube of 54.5cm. With seat post clamp, it has a net effective top tube of 56.5.

Th bike is perfect for power riding over rolling hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arimmki

by Arimmki

Excellent...