Sram and direct mount chainstay brakes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Hey folks, i just got a frame that uses direct mount chainstay brakes (felt fr1) that came with a rear dura ace caliper. I am very tempted to slap on a direct mount ee brake for rear chainstays... but wondered about experiences with either combo (etap sram red with direct mount chainstay dura ace vs eebrakes).

My rear wheels use carbon ti x hubs which have a good spoke bracing angle for some good lateral stiffness. I am light and not a sprinter, So hopefully i can keep some decient rim to pad spacing.

I know sram and shimano use different pull ratios... making combos problematic. What pull ratio does ee use? They seem to suggest compatability with the big 3.

My standard mount ee brakes work fine with my red levers...

by Weenie

LouisN

by LouisN

I had them (G4 version) on the Felt FR3 and they worked great. Just sold both pairs.

Louis :)

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I have the G4 EE on a V2R with etap and they work fine. I think my rear pads are somewhat glazed but that can be cleaned up.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Yeah, for anyone searching, the g4 ee brakes on my felt fr1 with sram etap are fantastic. Standard fronts, rear chainstay direct mount. They perform better on the same wheels with the same pads than my old frame with g2 ee brakes and standard mount front and rear.