Teammachine SLR01 rim brake & ICS01 stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Archibald

by Archibald

Hello,

long-time reader, first-time poster.

I bought a SLR01 rim brake frame and would like to use the ICS01 stem with it. The question is how? Do I just need a new topcone or a new fork. I was searching for information here and elsewhere, but cannot find anything, except for pictures of SLR01s with rim brakes and the ICS01 stem.

Thank you.

Sockman

by Sockman

I'm in the same boat as you. Built up a rim brake frame but wanted to get the nice stem.

You will need to buy a headset for the disc brake model. The bearings are the same as the rim break, but the top come is different. Unfortunately bmc don't sell the top come separately. If anyone here reading has a broken frame or a spare top cap for a disc model, I'd happily buy it from you too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

Sockman wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:58 pm
I'm in the same boat as you. Built up a rim brake frame but wanted to get the nice stem.

You will need to buy a headset for the disc brake model. The bearings are the same as the rim break, but the top come is different. Unfortunately bmc don't sell the top come separately. If anyone here reading has a broken frame or a spare top cap for a disc model, I'd happily buy it from you too!
I'm sure your local BMC dealer could help

Sockman

by Sockman

Sure, they can order the headset unit. It costs 70€ or there abouts.