Rotor Aldhu 24mm

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Is this crank a direct Shimano replacement? In other words can I use this crank with Shimano hollowtech 2 bottom bracket already installed on my bike wo spacer or mod etc? I'm not quite sure after reading thru Rotor's own site. I've been thinking about getting a Power2Max NGO or the new Rotor Inspider PM for my bike.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

ipenguinking wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:20 pm
Is this crank a direct Shimano replacement? In other words can I use this crank with Shimano hollowtech 2 bottom bracket already installed on my bike wo spacer or mod etc? I'm not quite sure after reading thru Rotor's own site. I've been thinking about getting a Power2Max NGO or the new Rotor Inspider PM for my bike.
Yes, it should be a direct swap if you're running Shimano cranks with the 24mm hollowtech spindle. I had the previous version (3D24? I think) and swapping everything over took less than an hour. Power2Max had videos for the old version, they might have some for the new.

by Weenie

LouisN

by LouisN

I switched from a Shimano crank directly to a Rotor Adhu on my daughter's TT bike. NOthing else to do but direct installation and adjust the preload screw. I think I put only one tiny spacer.
Louis :)

Hexsense

by Hexsense

That's almost the whole point of 24mm axle option on Rotor crank.
Direct replacement to Shimano crank and to fit BB90 are the reasons they produce 24mm axle.
Otherwise, bb386 axle fits everything (except BB90) and weight less.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Thanks for all the answers. I have a Colnago C60 with a Ceramicspeed T45 threaded bb for Shimano crank. It is still running very smooth therefore I don't want to throw away $350 and get another new bottom bracket.