Go pro + light under bike computer

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JScycle

by JScycle

Hi WW,
Anyone know how I can mount a bike light and a gopro under a bike computer? Like the photos below:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

You could use 2-in-1 adapter and live with the offset FoV or you could just mount the light over the bars with a regular clamp mount. I suggest the latter.
Attachments
ic_one_two_icml_gpym_gopro_dual_mount_for_1447256930_1191544.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hlvd

by hlvd

TobinHatesYou wrote:You could use 2-in-1 adapter and live with the offset FoV or you could just mount the light over the bars with a regular clamp mount. I suggest the latter.
I've one of those as well, seems sturdy enough.
I think I purchased it on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

hlvd wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 am

I suppose with the offset lens in the GoPro Hero, the offset in the mount would somewhat cancel out. Still, depending on the light and computer + mount + GoPro, that's quite a bit of weight on an out-front mount. I've definitely seen a few snapped K-Edges and Blendr mounts from JRA.

JScycle

by JScycle

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:46 am
You could use 2-in-1 adapter and live with the offset FoV or you could just mount the light over the bars with a regular clamp mount. I suggest the latter.
I guess that would be ok during summer I just love having no clutter on the bars. I like having the light central on dark mornings as I find it more predictable in corners so i'll have a think about it
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:23 am
hlvd wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 am

I suppose with the offset lens in the GoPro Hero, the offset in the mount would somewhat cancel out. Still, depending on the light and computer + mount + GoPro, that's quite a bit of weight on an out-front mount. I've definitely seen a few snapped K-Edges and Blendr mounts from JRA.
Ooh that's no good, I thought k-edge mounts were really sturdy, I didn't even consider that. Thanks