Weight Listings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bpe

by bpe

When I click on the listings tab, the most recent listings for most of the categories I'm looking at (road frames, full suspension frames, road wheels, etc) seems to be 2012-2103? Am I looking in the wrong place?
-Brian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

Your not looking at the wrong place. It’s just that listing hasn’t been updated in so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

From the developer point of view, I am confused why listings have not been resurrected yet. The project looks like several months of work for a single person and will yield obvious benefits for both community and owners.

themidge

by themidge

I think the listings should be a Wiki style system where people can upload weights themselves. Obviously you'd need a minimum post count and picture verification of weights, but it would be a lot easier for mods to quickly check through already-uploaded weights than to upload them all themselves.

hernejj

by hernejj

themidge wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 am
I think the listings should be a Wiki style system where people can upload weights themselves. Obviously you'd need a minimum post count and picture verification of weights, but it would be a lot easier for mods to quickly check through already-uploaded weights than to upload them all themselves.
I agree. Having an open environment where users can add (and correct) data would be most useful. Moderation will only slow things down and cause extra work. Let's let everyone play in the sandbox. many hands make light work :)

I know there is always a chance for errors and malicious users. But I doubt that would be a big problem, and "good users" could find and revert/correct any malicious changes quickly enough. A Wiki style interface would make this very easy to self moderate. Perhaps simply a post count check. 50 posts, perhaps?