Aerofly bars Di2 Wiring

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
rlanger

by rlanger

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 pm
I hate to be that guy but take it to someone who knows what they're doing... It's really not that difficult especially with the pic I posted...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
I believe the question was specifically about wiring up Di2 on Aerofly 2 bars and whether it's possible to go completely internally, i.e. through the stem clamp region, rather outside the bars and under them stem with a wire that connects the two shifters.

by Weenie

tonytourist

by tonytourist

jmechy wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:33 am
I have aerofly 2 bars with the bar-end junction on the right side. I run one cable from that to the right shifter, one cable from the right shifter to the left shifter, and one cable from the left shifter out the bars and to the bottom bracket junction. No y-cable needed, and all cables inside the bar except for the one that connects the whole setup to the rest of the bike. Di2 doesn't really care what you plug into what, as long as it's all plugged in somewhere. Routing the cables wasn't super easy, but a piece of floss with small weight on it helped me get everything to where it needed to be without too much of a headache.
This setup is better than the Y cable and is what I've done on 3 bikes with Aerofly bars, though I do it out the right side with the rear brake with heat shrink over both :thumbup:

cerro

by cerro

Nefarious86 wrote:
I hate to be that guy but take it to someone who knows what they're doing... It's really not that difficult especially with the pic I posted...

The pic you posted demands an extra cable over what I explained and it's not internally routed... The pic you showed is for a regular S-Works Shallow or and Expert bar.
/jonas l
http://cerrol.wordpress.com (my cyclingblog)

johnrho

by johnrho

tonytourist wrote:
jmechy wrote:
I have aerofly 2 bars with the bar-end junction on the right side. I run one cable from that to the right shifter, one cable from the right shifter to the left shifter, and one cable from the left shifter out the bars and to the bottom bracket junction. No y-cable needed, and all cables inside the bar except for the one that connects the whole setup to the rest of the bike. Di2 doesn't really care what you plug into what, as long as it's all plugged in somewhere. Routing the cables wasn't super easy, but a piece of floss with small weight on it helped me get everything to where it needed to be without too much of a headache.
This setup is better than the Y cable and is what I've done on 3 bikes with Aerofly bars, though I do it out the right side with the rear brake with heat shrink over both :thumbup:
What are the wire lengths you used for the Aerofly II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I'd have to check, I want to say I used a 700 to connect the left shifter to the junction box in the right bar end, 400 to do the right shifter to the junction, and a 1200 to do the right shifter to the bb. I would rather have the wires long, so you could probably get away with shorter.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

cerro wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:

The pic you posted demands an extra cable over what I explained and it's not internally routed... The pic you showed is for a regular S-Works Shallow or and Expert bar.
Use some imagination, it will all go inside the bar and the extra cable allows the Di2 unit to be used inside the bar.

Using Tapatalk

Ferret99

by Ferret99

This was how I did it and got it all internal. Used a 1400mm cable from the junction at the BB to the LHS shifter. The WU-111 I put inside the bar end behind the RS910 and it all works great. Thanks for the tip.

jmechy wrote:

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

I just finished wiring mine up tonight. Junction box bar end on right side. 350mm to right shifter, 650mm from right to left shifter (completely internal), 750mm from left to the wireless unit (EW-WU111) which is just inside the frame where the brake cable and Di2 wire enter. No problems with connections. The aerofly bars also fit hydraulic brake cables internally. It looks pretty sweet. Hope to get my stem height finalized and new bartape on soon.