Campagnolo 11 speed shifter overhall

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brearley

by brearley

Took my 2011 super record shifters off my road bike this year as the ratchet spring wasn't strong enough to hold tension so the mech would ghost shift gradually down to the 11 sprocket.

Rather than throw the groupset has anybody repaired this kind of thing before and what is the process like? Is it just the g spring to replace at the bottom of the bolt which holds the mechanism together?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

The newer shifters are supposed to be rebuilt with an assembly. I don't think they even sell the small spare parts anymore. Like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-Sup ... 2744929162

DaveS

by DaveS

Be sure that you get the early model, not the 2015+, or it won't shift properly. The newer models pull more cable.

mr_tim

by mr_tim

Try generally cleaning the internal - it gets grimed up inside especially if you've every put lube on the mechanism which will stop it holding in gear fully

In terms of replacement- yeah it's possible and not at all hard to do (vs the 10v which wasn't nice) BUT for the cost of the parts you will likely be able to get a set of low used levers on ebay which would be similar money and less effort.

DaveS

by DaveS

If used levers are purchased, they also need to be pre 2015.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

AJS914 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:40 pm
The newer shifters are supposed to be rebuilt with an assembly. I don't think they even sell the small spare parts anymore. Like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-Sup ... 2744929162
We have all the small parts on the shelf as individual items at Velotech. It's true that officially they are no longer available from the factory as loose items but we regularly buy and frag lever bodies so that we can continue to provide a full servicing and spare parts service to Campagnolo customers.
If you are in Hull as your signature suggests, , we can send you a pair of compression washers, which are the parts likely to require replacement. Please PM me your postal address if you'd like to do that, or send us the shifter and we will service and test for you.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!