SkyPivot——A superlight carbon crankset from China

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

guadzilla wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:29 am
Can i put a Quarq powermeter on these cranks?
Probably not, the direct mount interface is different. You can put a Sigeyi on, though.

by Weenie

montee

by montee

Looking forward to hearing some more real world experience with these - and availability in Europe. A stealth black version would be nice to see. Any further news?

alanyu

by alanyu

AFAIK, the production capacity was very low before around only 1/5 of what they expected. They also have improved the design/finish of the metal part, and they will start shipping of the next batch around July in China.

guadzilla

by guadzilla

Klaster_1 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 am
Probably not, the direct mount interface is different. You can put a Sigeyi on, though.
Ah cool, thanks...

xsnailx

by xsnailx

I had already done a little excess of 2k km on the crank - the stifness is great, didnt need to retorque it. Going to get another one for my time trial bike. - i have the sigeyi version with the skypivot chainrings. Sigeyi works good - didnt find any difference to power2max ;) Rings did not bend even under power and shifts ok with sram red (i would say better than the qrings from rotor)

Gerben321

by Gerben321

Can one be bought atm? Building a new roadbike. But I want a single chainring because ever since I've switched from double to single I will never go back! Are there different spindle diameters? Otherwise I'll just use my GXP crank from my current build.

isehk

by isehk

Gerben321 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:38 am
Can one be bought atm? Building a new roadbike. But I want a single chainring because ever since I've switched from double to single I will never go back! Are there different spindle diameters? Otherwise I'll just use my GXP crank from my current build.
FYR, I placed the order at 11 Mar 2020.
Received it at 15 May 2020.
As mentioned by other forum members, the production rate is very low.

There are 30mm and 24mm spindle for road bike.
And they don't have direct mount single chainring option at this moment.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

isehk, if you dont mind - where i can find the saddle you have on your bike?

cajer

by cajer

Is there anywhere I can buy this online? I can't seem to find a site. I'm just intrested in a 24mm axle (already have a skypivot crank), as I switched to a madone and can no longer use a 30mm axle.