SkyPivot——A superlight carbon crankset from China

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jpeterson1012

by jpeterson1012

Klaster_1 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:28 am
liketoride wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:18 pm
klaster have you recieved your cranks yet? i am guessing since you havent posted maybe not. Any update on these cranks yet?
No, I've canceled the pre-order and got a Clavicula SE instead. Couldn't wait any longer.
Same here, I waited for months and months but it looks like it just ain't happening. My buddy got what was probably the last set of THMs available in the North Americas. As for my order, if they hold fast to their 20-24 week ETA, I should have them by the end of december.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

I have a set with the XCADEY power meter. The cranks with power meter are ~405 g, and they feel super stiff.

However the power meter is shit and reads like 4x high after a firmware update...

xsnailx

by xsnailx

i have it with sigeyi and it works ok :) i have a clavicula se with powermeter too and have a feel that sigeyi is a little more precise. dont have a direct turbo to prove it tough

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Sigeyi matches insanely well to each other (i have 3 units of it at my place)

But the recent firmware seems to skew it a bit for some reason. Reads a bit higher than my Kickr 4 (about 2.5%)

Mawashi

by Mawashi

I've emailed Philipeleven n did not hear back from him.

Is there another way to contact him, are these cranks available for 1x n where's the best place to get one please?

Thx

RDY

by RDY

They're not being produced anymore. Production ceased as they needed to be redesigned. AFAIK they were. But the OEM has full order books and makes more doing other things.

cajer

by cajer

I have a crank and powermeter to use with it. But it shows me with a 8000 watt sprint. So I can't really use it....

micky

by micky

I think you could consider to take part at ANY cycling event in Tokyo in a few weeks with those figures.

cajer

by cajer

I just talked to Sigeyi looking for a new power meter. Apparently the second version is still having issues, and I have been told to stop riding my first gen one or else I'll eventually suffer a catastrophic failure.

Mawashi

by Mawashi

That's such a shame I only wanted a standard crank no power meter nothing just a plain vanilla crankset.

Sanders2177

by Sanders2177

Looks like Joe AKA Chinacycyling on YT will have a review coming up on the skypivot crank as he has just said in his latest Video
S Works SL8 54cm 5.94kgs
Winspace SLC M Ultegra R8150 no idea of kgs

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

cajer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:19 am
I just talked to Sigeyi looking for a new power meter. Apparently the second version is still having issues, and I have been told to stop riding my first gen one or else I'll eventually suffer a catastrophic failure.
Meaning that the crankset in itself has a construction failure, or can you explain?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

oldmac

by oldmac

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:20 pm
cajer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:19 am
Meaning that the crankset in itself has a construction failure, or can you explain?
He said that he is using the first gen of SkyPivot. The first gen are all recalled by Incolor in China, because of some failure cases.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

First gen had a problem with pedal inserts, i am happily runing 2 gen replacement for 3 months and they seem to be ok :) - they have a problem with production capacity by oems not with the 2 gen itself

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OlieSimpson

by OlieSimpson

xsnailx wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:06 pm
First gen had a problem with pedal inserts, i am happily runing 2 gen replacement for 3 months and they seem to be ok :) - they have a problem with production capacity by oems not with the 2 gen itself
Can you advise where I can find more info on the cranks? Do they have a website or anything to view specs/compatibility etc.

**EDIT** the only site I can find with them for sale is this: https://www.ruten.com.tw/item/show?22036278716396