SkyPivot——A superlight carbon crankset from China

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wltz

by wltz

tomtom wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am
wltz wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 am
liketoride wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:59 pm
Little over a month has gone by, does anyone know if more units have been shipped?
I got bored of waiting and ordered the new Aldhu Carbon cranks + (separately) Sigeyi PM for 5c 110bcd. A touch heavier, but I'll be dealing with my LBS should something go wrong.
I thinking about that option to 260g for the cranks, 96g axle and 105g for the Sigeyi makes total ca 460g but I have to switch my 24mm PFBB86 to a reliable(!) PF 30mm.....with some weightgain I'm afraid :? So the weight difference with my DA9170/stages (ca 500g) would probably be minimal....
Not for me, I'll be switching from Rotor 3D+ (30mm axle) to Aldhu, keeping the same BB. I'm running a C-Bear 386evo BB in a 368evo frame, and it's 101g, hardly a boat anchor.

P.S.: One of the benefits of Aldhu over SkyPivot for me personally is that I can get the Sigeyi PM for 5c 110bcd, whereas from what I saw the SkyPivot version of Sigeyi is for 4c Shimano rings only.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PrettyA

by PrettyA

alcatraz wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:32 am
Could this crank with integrated spider chainrings be the lightest option for proper shifting with sram etap?

Does 11s etap shift ok with these?

I know at least one chinese pwm maker that custom attaches a single sided pwm to carbon cranks (as long as the back of the arm is flat). That would be the lightest option. It's tempting

If I weren't sill on mechanical sram red with exogram, extralite and pwm @460gr I would maybe consider it. I'm not excited about switching frame though or adding spacers to fit a bb386 crank in a pf30 frame. What's the lightest bb386 frame out there now?
Which pwm maker? Sigeyi?

tomtom

by tomtom

if Aldhu Carbon comes with an InPower version I would consider that because of the the advantage of measuring OCD. But SkyPivot seems much lighter, if only someone could tell when and/or if they will come available.....
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

alcatraz

by alcatraz

PrettyA wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:43 am
alcatraz wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:32 am
Could this crank with integrated spider chainrings be the lightest option for proper shifting with sram etap?

Does 11s etap shift ok with these?

I know at least one chinese pwm maker that custom attaches a single sided pwm to carbon cranks (as long as the back of the arm is flat). That would be the lightest option. It's tempting

If I weren't sill on mechanical sram red with exogram, extralite and pwm @460gr I would maybe consider it. I'm not excited about switching frame though or adding spacers to fit a bb386 crank in a pf30 frame. What's the lightest bb386 frame out there now?
Which pwm maker? Sigeyi?
Xcadey, paid only 100usd for mine. Works fine. I have three xcadeys now.

alanyu

by alanyu

tomtom wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:51 am
if Aldhu Carbon comes with an InPower version I would consider that because of the the advantage of measuring OCD. But SkyPivot seems much lighter, if only someone could tell when and/or if they will come available.....
I asked them and got replied this summer. The production is slow because the factory is mainly focusing on other OEM products which can brings them more profit. :noidea:

cajer

by cajer

Is it possible to order another powermeter spider from sigeyi or xcadey now? I asked a month ago and they were all out of stock.

I have a skypivot but my xcadey prower meter is giving all kinds of bullshit power values.

jencvo

by jencvo

What's the current best way to reach them? I'm looking for 175 crank options

tomtom

by tomtom

jencvo wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:45 am
What's the current best way to reach them? I'm looking for 175 crank options
I would like to know that too, but 175mm was not yet available in the past as far as I know
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Is it available now ? Where, elsewhere than on Taobao ?
Thanks

noelnoel

by noelnoel

isehk wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:27 am
I just asked incolor taobao shop.
They said small amount will be available before Chinese new year.
And there will be more stock after Chinese new year.
Hello, Do you know if there is a way you can buy these if you are not in China, I would like to test them. I cannot find Vortex contact details? My email is noel.said@yahoo.com.au thanks

isehk

by isehk

noelnoel wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:57 am
isehk wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:27 am
I just asked incolor taobao shop.
They said small amount will be available before Chinese new year.
And there will be more stock after Chinese new year.
Hello, Do you know if there is a way you can buy these if you are not in China, I would like to test them. I cannot find Vortex contact details? My email is noel.said@yahoo.com.au thanks
:noidea: At this moment, I don't see any website selling them.

And I ask them last week in taobao shop, they said they are testing the latest batch. Estimated delivery date is July.

(To be honest, I think it will still delay to end of this year....)

BTW, you can see this crankset in China cycling YouTube channel.

noelnoel

by noelnoel

Thank you

xsnailx

by xsnailx

i heard about july too, but i optimisticaly think about october ;)

liketoride

by liketoride

klaster have you recieved your cranks yet? i am guessing since you havent posted maybe not. Any update on these cranks yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

liketoride wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:18 pm
klaster have you recieved your cranks yet? i am guessing since you havent posted maybe not. Any update on these cranks yet?
No, I've canceled the pre-order and got a Clavicula SE instead. Couldn't wait any longer.