2021 Trek Emonda SL/SLR

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
goatalope

by goatalope

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 pm
goatalope wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:42 pm
What I don't understand about T47... sure its threaded, but the area where the removal/installation tool engages is so narrow. Just seems like it'll end up being a pain. Reminds me of removing old standard square taper bbs with that narrow lip. Slips off, bang my knuckles on stuff. Ughh.

Trek is using an 85.5mm shell instead of an 86.5mm. With Praxis T47 BB cups you get an extra .5mm on each side, which will help with BB tool purchase.
I have read that; hopefully, install/removal is no problem. But nothing beats an external hollowtech II BB - tons of nice wide engagement points, all the important info like model and direction printed right on it, affordable, durable.

Either way, I'm excited about the new Emonda.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

I have built a couple of new Domanes with the T47 interface from Trek and have had no issues.

by Weenie

majorhunadadun

by majorhunadadun

I as well anxiously await the new Emonda though I may go with the 2020. The markdown in price will be hard to beat. I quite fancy the white with blue logo. I belive it's the women's team colors. Oh well looks badass.

ajcav86

by ajcav86

Any ideas on dates on this?
Perdita- Burls Ti Road
Aurelia- Saffron Stainless/Carbon Gravel
Bertha - Trek Speedconcept
Jolene - Over kill winter bike

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

If judging by past actions from Trek, we'll see it "leaked" at the Dauphine and officially announced for the Tour.
Madone 9 - https://bit.ly/2Nqedbn
Emonda SLR - https://bit.ly/2UK5FP8
Crockett - https://bit.ly/2Xem4sk

Madone 5, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Do you reckon we will get a better integrated cockpit than the domane?

Will it beat the tarmac when it comes to aero/weight?

ajcav86

by ajcav86

scapewalker wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:03 pm
Do you reckon we will get a better integrated cockpit than the domane?

Will it beat the tarmac when it comes to aero/weight?
If not more integrated would probably look great with the Enve aero cotpit on it... that and the new deep section rovals should be super light and aero
Perdita- Burls Ti Road

goatalope

by goatalope

I was just reminiscing about the 2014ish Madone. Still a pretty classic road bike look, but slightly more aero (KAMMTAIL!!! ITS GOT THE KAMMTAIL!). Weakness was the under the BB rear rim brake. Trek should put discs on that model. Also had a slightly pointy nosed headtube to integrate with the proprietary front brake. Repurpose that bulge for fully integrated cables.

I just feel like I'm doing all the work for Trek...
Attachments
2N4A4443.jpg

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

goatalope wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:06 pm
I was just reminiscing about the 2014ish Madone. Still a pretty classic road bike look, but slightly more aero (KAMMTAIL!!! ITS GOT THE KAMMTAIL!). Weakness was the under the BB rear rim brake. Trek should put discs on that model. Also had a slightly pointy nosed headtube to integrate with the proprietary front brake. Repurpose that bulge for fully integrated cables.

I wouldn't be surprised.
Madone 9 - https://bit.ly/2Nqedbn
Emonda SLR - https://bit.ly/2UK5FP8
Crockett - https://bit.ly/2Xem4sk

Madone 5, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

ajcav86

by ajcav86

Needs a slightly more aero fork and cotpit similar to the vision 5D but then with Roval weight wheels should be 6.5kg and that is a bike I would want to see own!
Perdita- Burls Ti Road

hlvd

by hlvd

goatalope wrote:I was just reminiscing about the 2014ish Madone. Still a pretty classic road bike look, but slightly more aero (KAMMTAIL!!! ITS GOT THE KAMMTAIL!). Weakness was the under the BB rear rim brake. Trek should put discs on that model. Also had a slightly pointy nosed headtube to integrate with the proprietary front brake. Repurpose that bulge for fully integrated cables.

That's a lovely looking bike! So basically, all they need to do is bring that Madone back as the Emonda with modified brakes and we're on to a winner!

Djp

by Djp

hlvd wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:36 am
goatalope wrote:I was just reminiscing about the 2014ish Madone. Still a pretty classic road bike look, but slightly more aero (KAMMTAIL!!! ITS GOT THE KAMMTAIL!). Weakness was the under the BB rear rim brake. Trek should put discs on that model. Also had a slightly pointy nosed headtube to integrate with the proprietary front brake. Repurpose that bulge for fully integrated cables.

That's a lovely looking bike! So basically, all they need to do is bring that Madone back as the Emonda with modified brakes and we're on to a winner!

MY 2013 KAMMTAIL MADONE WITH VAPOR COAT .... best bike I've owned ..... no issues at all with the rear brake as I swapped it out with a shimano dura ace replacement. Rode it for 5 years. 7,25kg race ready and fast. Put disc brakes and an integrated cockpit on it and you have a winner for 2021 as an Emonda.
Attachments
IMG_7104.JPG

goatalope

by goatalope

Djp wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:04 am
hlvd wrote:

MY 2013 KAMMTAIL MADONE WITH VAPOR COAT .... best bike I've owned ..... no issues at all with the rear brake as I swapped it out with a shimano dura ace replacement. Rode it for 5 years. 7,25kg race ready and fast. Put disc brakes and an integrated cockpit on it and you have a winner for 2021 as an Emonda.
Yep, that bike is awesome. Would look great with discs and integrated cockpit. Done.

Djp

by Djp

goatalope wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm
Djp wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:04 am
hlvd wrote:

Yep, that bike is awesome. Would look great with discs and integrated cockpit. Done.
Attachments
IMG_7104.JPG

by Weenie

goatalope

by goatalope

Contador still have a relationship with Trek? Here's a camouflaged Emonda-looking bike.

https://www.facebook.com/officialcyclin ... 388217364/