2021 Trek Emonda SL/SLR

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
chronsbons

by chronsbons

Well, What do we expect from this bike?

Will it look like all the others? Drop Stays + Lightweight Aero? Will it be another Tarmas/Supersix Evo/Addict RC/Team Machine or will Trek do something different? Will Trek go with a T47 BB? Integrated/Hidden Cabling? What else could Trek throw at it?

The UCI have had their hands on it but i have yet to see any spy shots or any other mention of it. The newest Domane was approved by the UCI 18 months before release. The Emonda was approved last month... so late 2020/early 2021 official announcement would be expected.

(The UCI approved frames list briefly showed the new Emonda SL/SLR yesterday, but was then edited, most likely at Trek's request, to remove the new Emonda)

Screenshot: Image

hlvd

by hlvd

I wonder if there will be some sort of seat suspension setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Cemicar

by Cemicar

I'll surely replace my SLR by the new one (supposed to be disc-only) if it is...

- BB386
- electronic-only
- normal round seatpost
- H1.5

FTPWhor

by FTPWhor

I spoke to one of the trek employee from Waterloo. He was visting town and joined our club ride. New Emonda around Spring of 2020. T47 BB standard.

hlvd

by hlvd

FTPWhor wrote:I spoke to one of the trek employee from Waterloo. He was visting town and joined our club ride. New Emonda around Spring of 2020. T47 BB standard.
Anything else he mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTPWhor

by FTPWhor

Nope. The only question I asked him was about the Bottom bracket standard.

eric01

by eric01

My guess, trek will want to keep on pushing the weight envelope while adding some degree of aero.
AX Lightness Vial Evo, Carl Strong Titanium

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I'd love to see a re design without focusing on these 2 things (which I already expect from a 2019 bike):

Dropped seat stays (because for crying out loud my 2015 bike has that)

Internal cabling

I want to see something else beyond those 2 things.

@ftpwhor - I was kinda wishing he said a total re design

Visus

by Visus

I guess T47 BB, no dropped seatstays, something in the lines of a lightened Domane MY20 also with cable entry behind the stem but no isodecouplers, less tire clerance, no mudguard mounts and no downtube storage. It will have an aero seatpost, H1.5 fit. Will launch at the Tour de France

And my bold guess: Disc & Rim options (Maybe only via Project One)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Visus wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:28 pm
And my bold guess: Disc & Rim options (Maybe only via Project One)

Trek already won’t let you configure a rim-brake Emonda SLR via their consumer facing app. You might still be able to do it from their Dex/dealer configurator. Anyway as only two frames are listed and there is no brake declaration, the MY2021 Emonda is looking to be disc-only.

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

I would guess it will have T47 BB and internal routing, but who knows. It will be interesting to see if they can make it lighter than the current SLR while still adding things like T47 BB. This year’s Domane SLR got heavier. I don’t expect much aero if any. Personally, I’d like to see the Emonda SLR keep its place as a pure weight weenie machine with no extra features that just add weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stitchking

by Stitchking

here is a leaked artists rendering
s-works-tarmac-sl6-disc-dura-ace-di2_13178.jpg

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

ROFL ^
Specialized Allez Sprint
Instagram || Shitposting is a god-given right.

Pierre86

by Pierre86

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:21 am
here is a leaked artists rendering
s-works-tarmac-sl6-disc-dura-ace-di2_13178.jpg
Logo is a little small for a trek?
S6 Evo
S5 Aero

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

FTPWhor wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:56 pm
I spoke to one of the trek employee from Waterloo. He was visting town and joined our club ride. New Emonda around Spring of 2020. T47 BB standard.
Trek store in t.o. t47, hidden cables, semi aero frame. So same same... but i bet they push the weight for dropped seat stay integrated disc bikes.

And i think he said it is coming very soon

by Weenie