BMC TimeMachine Road

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ico

by ico

I'm on the first generation of TMR01 (2012-2018) and it is an exceptional frame. It really has some aero properties as I was able to feel the differnece with same wheels and compare it. The frame is very fast and stiff, but to my surprise not uncomfortable and greatly reduce road buzz. I ride mostly on flat to rolling terrain and when in the mood I like to push myself and the bike serves really well. You can get 1st gen. for a very good price now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Very true statement. I was thinking about tm road , but at that price, hard to justify the price regardless if i was un employed or swiss banker. The benefit simply doesnt add up for the price. Subjectively, its a beautiful frame.

In the end, i ended up with another first gen tmr01 i picked up the second hand first gen frame module for around 900usd. Very happy. As i bought my first one fully build da9000 for close to 6000usd at a discounted price already back in 2015. Might as well keep them, until perhaps theres an offer for second hand tm road