Shimano Pro Stealth Ultralight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nickldn

by Nickldn

g32ecs wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:07 pm

The Specialized Power worked for me before but I had the heavy version.

I'm in search of something with a decent weight and comfortable inner thigh space (I think a tad narrower inner thigh area saddle). Is that the Aerofuel? The Power was nice but the lighter version is a bit pricey.
I have the Power and Power Arc saddle, the Arc has much more inner thigh space and is a lot more curved. The Power is flatter in the sit bone area and has more potential for thigh chaffing issues.

Personally I prefer the Power, it gives my sit bones more support and there is more room to move around. I found thigh chaffing to be a non issue, unless I moved the seat far forward, moving it back solves thigh chaffing and the wide rear area helps with comfort of long rides.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Yeah, shoes + saddles are the most difficult two problems. By the time you really know if they are right you can't really return them and will have worn them in a way that is personal to you which may limit resale. If you like high end components you either have to buy the cheaper versions until you get it right and then upgrade, or just take an expensive punt.

Current favourite: Power (like NickLDN I've tried the Power Arc too but found the rounder shape side to side less comfy)

Current saddle: Carbon railed Stealth (NOT the ultralight version). It's good, well engineered, no numbness issues, good price for the quality and weight and a supposedly excellent tolerance guarantee. However, it's a bit firm for my liking, brilliant initially but starting to get uncomfortable after 3 hours.

I've got an SLR boost superflow L3 on the way.....

JayDee81

by JayDee81

petromyzon wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:42 am
Yeah, shoes + saddles are the most difficult two problems. By the time you really know if they are right you can't really return them and will have worn them in a way that is personal to you which may limit resale. If you like high end components you either have to buy the cheaper versions until you get it right and then upgrade, or just take an expensive punt.

Current favourite: Power (like NickLDN I've tried the Power Arc too but found the rounder shape side to side less comfy)

Current saddle: Carbon railed Stealth (NOT the ultralight version). It's good, well engineered, no numbness issues, good price for the quality and weight and a supposedly excellent tolerance guarantee. However, it's a bit firm for my liking, brilliant initially but starting to get uncomfortable after 3 hours.

I've got an SLR boost superflow L3 on the way.....
Interested in comparison of Stealth to SLR Boost. I am riding Stealth too, but been thinking of SLR Boost. My only problem with Stealth is that after few minutes in aggressive position in drops I am starting to feel a bit of numbness. Could probably tilt it a bit down, but that would compromise my standard position on hoods. :noidea:

naylor343

by naylor343

I have using the 142mm stealth on and off for the last 12 months. Now back solely on the arione R series saddles. I did get to really like the saddle especially in the drops. But, you do need to tilt the nose quite a bit to get comfy, but it works, perfectly. You can comfortably stay in the drops for ages. Downside is that we all want our bikes to look nice, right? The tilt was made visually more tilted by the rise to the saddle tail. Not a deal breaker, but not visually appealing.

The reason I stopped using it is I live in an area with a LOT of time spent sat in a more upright climbing position, and this saddle did not work for me like this, it is just too hard and gave me a saddle Sore. I used it for 3 weeks solid in Spain, flatter terrain and it was great. It is kinda a saddle that requires two positions, tipped down for the nose and more level in the tail, and you cannot have both. The arione R1 and R3 are never going to be the same comfort in the nose, but for me, they work all round.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Anyone tried Selle Italia Novus Boost or Flite Boost?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

naylor343 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:32 pm
I have using the 142mm stealth on and off for the last 12 months. Now back solely on the arione R series saddles. I did get to really like the saddle especially in the drops. But, you do need to tilt the nose quite a bit to get comfy, but it works, perfectly. You can comfortably stay in the drops for ages. Downside is that we all want our bikes to look nice, right? The tilt was made visually more tilted by the rise to the saddle tail. Not a deal breaker, but not visually appealing.

The reason I stopped using it is I live in an area with a LOT of time spent sat in a more upright climbing position, and this saddle did not work for me like this, it is just too hard and gave me a saddle Sore. I used it for 3 weeks solid in Spain, flatter terrain and it was great. It is kinda a saddle that requires two positions, tipped down for the nose and more level in the tail, and you cannot have both. The arione R1 and R3 are never going to be the same comfort in the nose, but for me, they work all round.
Was it the carbon version? Wanna sell it to me? 🙂

naylor343

by naylor343

g32ecs wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:15 pm
naylor343 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Was it the carbon version? Wanna sell it to me? 🙂
Sorry its steel, or whatever metal they use. May be a bit heavy for a true WW. Not sure if I can talk sales on here, so if you're interested message me. Apart from saddle clamp marks to the black rail finish it is A1. Be aware it is posted from France.

gunder

by gunder

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:14 pm
I've heard the SLR Boost Superflow Carbon is supposed to be pretty good. Quite expensive though. Around $350 USD

coresare

by coresare

Got this last week. Love it. This should be my "final saddle". I'm familiar with it since I have 2 of the regular Pro Stealth in a 152. Just like how it's all black, lighter, and much sexier looking from the bottom. This time I went with the 142 and initially I thought the only difference is the tips of the wings which it might be, but the 142 let's me sit a litlte further back without my thigh's bumping into the wings and works better.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

wheelsONfire wrote:
I just got a Flite Boost, it's the Kit Carbonio Superflow 145mm wide. Weighs 163.1gr, not super light but it immediatly felt pretty good. I only did two rides with it though, not huge ones either.

Coming off years of various variations of the Fizik Antares which I mostly liked apart from the nose that's very long and rises upwards just a little. The Flite Boost is flatter (seen from the side) and the short nose dips down a little so it's much better when you ride in the drops or with your elbows on the tops for extended periods. I didn't like the other popular short nose saddles like the Prologo Dimension, Specialized Power and I doubt I would like the Pro Stealth too, they're all shaped too much like triangles, the middle sections too wide. The Flite Boost has a more even width in the nose and middle, then sharply gets wider at the rear, works better for me. While I could find the sweetspot with my seatpost, it's worth noting the rails have a much shorter adjustment range than what Prologo and Fizik have so it may not play well with every setups and seatposts.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
I just got a Flite Boost, it's the Kit Carbonio Superflow 145mm wide. Weighs 163.1gr, not super light but it immediatly felt pretty good. I only did two rides with it though, not huge ones either.

Coming off years of various variations of the Fizik Antares which I mostly liked apart from the nose that's very long and rises upwards just a little. The Flite Boost is flatter (seen from the side) and the short nose dips down a little so it's much better when you ride in the drops or with your elbows on the tops for extended periods. I didn't like the other popular short nose saddles like the Prologo Dimension, Specialized Power and I doubt I would like the Pro Stealth too, they're all shaped too much like triangles, the middle sections too wide. The Flite Boost has a more even width in the nose and middle, then sharply gets wider at the rear, works better for me. While I could find the sweetspot with my seatpost, it's worth noting the rails have a much shorter adjustment range than what Prologo and Fizik have so it may not play well with every setups and seatposts.
I hate those Fiziks with narrow noses. Not sure i would be OK with Flites nose either. I prefer when the nose is designed so you'd rest on the rami bones and the rest of the nose is "open".
I'd say for me it's impossible to always rest on sitbones. I just can't sit still (aka) i move on the saddle.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

TimmS

by TimmS

Just got mine in, pretty happy with the weight!
132g for the 142mm version.
Attachments
DSC_1265.JPG

coresare

by coresare

Timm's are you sure your scale is accurate? Mine weighed in at 141 grams for a 142!

TimmS

by TimmS

coresare wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 am
Timm's are you sure your scale is accurate? Mine weighed in at 141 grams for a 142!
Not sure, but I just got an Enve SES handlebar in 40cm at 237g, which seems about right.
Maybe I got lucky with the Pro saddle :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tubbeg

by tubbeg

I'm currently on the PRO Stealth and like It but curios to try out Selle Italia. Not sure If i should go for the SLR Boost or Novus Boost. Both in superflow Carbonio model.
Very flexible rider with long reach and big drop. Any thoughts?