campy eps v3/4 setup additional items

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

It's in this video at the 9:40 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTENq0h0eFk

I don't have this and have never used it; tbh I just yank R/SR connectors apart.
Note: you can't do that with Ath/Chorus connectors for which you need to pry the tabs open first.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreasklae

by andreasklae

Miller wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 pm
It's in this video at the 9:40 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTENq0h0eFk

I don't have this and have never used it; tbh I just yank R/SR connectors apart.
Note: you can't do that with Ath/Chorus connectors for which you need to pry the tabs open first.
Thanks for the video link!

I think I'll try it without the tool.

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

Actually the video linked is for a different tool than the UT-CG010EPS.
Michael Wilson

mriddle

by mriddle

I've built up several eps bikes, never used/needed that tool.
Firm fingernail easily separates wire junctions, the tool is not required at all.

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

I wrote that wrong. Actually the video linked is for a different tool than the UT-CG020EPS.

Some of us do not have the physical fine motor dexterity to disassemble these connectors without tools.
Michael Wilson

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

And some of us can break a crowbar in a sandbox. I have broken the tabs on one of the connectors already.
Michael Wilson

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Yeah, as a mechanic, I've met many that could break things just by walking into a room.

I've never had any problems with disconnects or connects. Fortunately, I do not do this regularly.

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

Back to the v3/4 interchangeability - can I use v3 shifters with a v4 interface, v4 power unit and v4 derailleurs? A year or two ago I read that the connectors were different, and the Campagnolo website claims there are no compatible parts. But just now I read that the connectors are the same.
Michael Wilson