Rapha Quality

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Shrike

by Shrike

It’s almost bizarre when you think about it. You can’t just buy good cycling kit in a sophisticated colour palette without having logos splashed all over it.

Rapha and PNS definitely on point now with colours, which seem to follow the fashion industry in general, hoping other brands just say screw it, let’s copy their picks each season :P

Italia

by Italia

Have some Rapha gear and found the first version of Pro team bib shorts (long) better than the last set I received. Wish I could find some more of the long version in other brands (failed with Assos) but truth be told it can be a pain in the ass buying over the internet : (

Just received some product from Le Col and very happy with the quality. Part of my order was replacing my moth eaten Rapha merino arm and leg warmers. I can tell you Le Col's are heads and shoulders above!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velov

by velov

Italia wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:03 am
Have some Rapha gear and found the first version of Pro team bib shorts (long) better than the last set I received. Wish I could find some more of the long version in other brands (failed with Assos) but truth be told it can be a pain in the ass buying over the internet : (

Just received some product from Le Col and very happy with the quality. Part of my order was replacing my moth eaten Rapha merino arm and leg warmers. I can tell you Le Col's are heads and shoulders above!
I didn't have the same experience with Le Col bib shorts, quality felt quite average for the price. The new 7Mesh MK3 are the benchmark in long inseam bib shorts for me. I'll come to Assos when they modernize their designs and start offering longer bib shorts.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I am also long time Rapha buyer and a RCC member since a few years. I used to buy Assos and Castelli and I still have a lot their clothing. For Example my Assos Habu jacket and the Rs.Sturmprinz rain jacket are awesome. So I can compare the clothing and I can say that Assos makes the best bibs although the Rapha Pro team II is also great for me. The most of the time I am wearing the pro team II bibs. I don't mix clothing and I always wear one brand at the time. Castelli is also very good and I like the clothing that I bought from them. The Gabba is still great and also some jersey's and intermediate gore-tex long sleeve jerseys are great. The bibs are comfy but the pad is a little on the small side.
The styling of Rapha is still the best but overall the ergonomicsand functionality of Assos clothing is still a little bit better. I think that Assos lost it a few years ago but I think they are on the way back.
I think that the Rapha clothing is still very good, and I can't complain about it, but sizing is not always consistent and the clothing should have a little bit more elasthane imho to give it a little bit more stretch. I also think that Rapha is too much focused on the Pro line with the RCC model range. I would like to see more Brevet and Classic line RCC clothing. I have a feeling that Rapha clothing has become smaller over the years. I have size XL and my early classic jerseys have more room then my latest classic jerseys. I see it also with arm warmers and other items.
Overall I think that Rapha is still very good and easily available in the Netherlands. I always get my items within three days. Rapha remains expensive and some clothing has a fair price (for example Brevet jersey and excellent pro team socks) and some items are ridiculously expensive (some Gloves).
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

Konsi

by Konsi

Broady wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:15 pm
smartyiak wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm
Which one of you "mechanics" is buying this?

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/mechanics ... %20Monitor

Most I know will be sticking to Dickies and Carhartt.
I wouldn't wear it in the workshop but I'd happily wear it in the pub, clean looking garms.
Same here. The jeans are ok, but the long sleeve t-shirt is amazingly comfortable

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Time to revive the thread. For other RCC members, what do you think of the big changes in the program?

The cost to join is now 50% less, coffee is 1/2 price instead of free, and bike hire is a bit more expensive.

I'm split on this. It seems that it is just trying to get people to pay $100 USD so they can have access to all the RCC apparell essentially whereas before there were pretty strong perks to visit the club houses. Overall, I don't plan to renew my membership especially with the quality dropping off a cliff.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

mattharrop

by mattharrop

My office is 5 mins walk from one of the London Clubhouses so it's a very regular coffee stop for me. I'm uniquely placed in that regard and I'll surely get the value out of the half price coffee. The RCC rides and events usually offer a good experience. Overall, I'm likely to renew.

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

you can find RCC stuff on eBay all the time, just got a RCC aero jersey in size M for $50

velov

by velov

Great case study for brand dilution.
I compare my Pro Team bibs, that are loved by so many, to bibs from other brands (Pedla, Maap, PNS) and the exposed rouch stitching seams makes them look like a cheap Alibaba job.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

I think that's exactly what I was getting at....brand dilution. It's a bit disappointing that hardcore riders like us on here helped make the brand and were loyal but now it's really transitioning to a Lululemon type thing for bikes (I think they actually said they wanted to do this).
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

mvcap

by mvcap

I have never been a member of RCC but live in a large metro area and there are no clubhouses anywhere. So unless they expand the clubhouses drastically, the appeal for everyone else is access to the kit. Presumably

Stueys

by Stueys

Looked at a RCC at the new price point, the only reason I could see to join is if I'm getting coffee from a clubhouse literally every day. Or hiring bikes 7-8 times a year. Other than that I can't see what RCC really offers.

1415chris

by 1415chris

I hope they didn't follow their current strategy and started diluting their coffe offerings ;)
With the new membership arrangement, in the uk, around 80 double espressos, 2 per week with 10 working months per year and you break even ;)
Honestly if I had a clubhouse at my workplace doorstep I would go for this deal without any hesitation. I don't know about oter parts of the world, but the espresso served in the Spitalfields London was of very high quality, in fact, one of the best espressos I coud acquire in London.

Conza

by Conza

Anyone got android - and RCC member? How is the app these days? Chat actually work?
It's all about the adventure :o .

sychen

by sychen

Conza wrote:Anyone got android - and RCC member? How is the app these days? Chat actually work?
Yes.. Sort of.. Signed up rides.. Yes.. Direct msg to members no.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com