Rapha Quality

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
akaspin

by akaspin

Just note about Rapha stores. They dont have brannock device and uses "try in stock and buy" principle for shoes. Disgusting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Seriously, why would anybody need such a thing buing cycling shoes? You do not know your size?

guyc

by guyc

What jerseys then? Hard to see how that would occur without something abrasive.

akaspin

by akaspin

1415chris wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:00 pm
Seriously, why would anybody need such a thing buing cycling shoes? You do not know your size?
Test: All my life my size was 45. After steroids therapy all cycling shoes in size 45 begin to crushing my feet after first ten Km. Why?

DDX

by DDX

And received a new discount coupon today. for 50% of the normal price.
Service is still ok but I know for sure new bibs will have the same issue again.
Maybe if I use only 1 pair of bibs the issue will be visible after a few months....

owlbass

by owlbass

DDX wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:16 am
Third pair of pro team bib shorts showing this kind of wear, just sent rapha an email again...
(Last 2 times got a voucher to buy a new pair)
I have multiple (about 10) bib shorts (rapha and black sheep) so can't really say how much use, but they are not even 2 years old.

I still have some old style pro team (from before 2017 if I remember) and they are all still ok...

I had the exact problem with a set of proteam bibs. 1.5yrs of use, rotating about 5 bibs. Was only an issue on the all black pair. Maybe just bad luck or got used more. Not sure

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

Exact same here with a pair of core bibs. 1.5 years, then seemed to go from fine to hosed in a matter of a few weeks.

superdx

by superdx

Rapha's quality last few years has gone total downhill. The sizing is all over the place, even across the same lines. Medium Pro Team Training Jersey is not the same as Medium Pro Team Aero etc. Every line apparently has its own sizing. If you don't live near a Rapha store, you are going to be returning a LOT of poorly fitted items.

Items also do not last. Bib shorts in any of their lines start fraying and the stitching just starts falling apart.

Do not even attempt Rapha custom. Most common complaints I've heard is that the colors don't match what's on the screen. Granted that's a problem with any kind of custom design, but even basic colors like black turn into a light grey. The fabric on Rapha custom is also noticeably cheaper than their normal lines. Have put my hands on a custom Aero and custom flyweight. The quality is so bad we were wondering if these were somehow from AliExpress.

Source: Active RCC member since 2014. Entire wardrobe is Rapha. Will be buying different brands this year. Stay away.

yellowbear1021

by yellowbear1021

I'm sure you all know Rapha was bought buy Walmart heirs (US Company) in 2017. It's just a matter of time that the Rapha kit/brand quality decline from all the cost cutting which every US company does.

I've moved on to Assos, plus I'm not wafer thin and Assos seems to accommodate athletic body types better.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

akaspin wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:13 pm
1415chris wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:00 pm
Test: All my life my size was 45. After steroids therapy all cycling shoes in size 45 begin to crushing my feet after first ten Km. Why?
A brannock device only measures the foot on a 2D plane, the 3 dimensional volume of your foot will dictate the size of shoe you need as much as the length. Such devices are only intended to give you something close to the right size from those on the shelf, you have to try a few on to know how each will fit. They’re more or less pointless if you already know your shoe size to begin with

rollinslow

by rollinslow

I figured it was time for a new trial of Rapha gear. I took a break due to quality concerns but I am always open minded and appreciate what the company has done for cycling.

New kit: Pro Team II bibs, classic jersey, pro team insulated gilet.

Will start tomorrow and report back after some good usage riding around and commuting. I can say that since a few years ago the classic jersey is quite a bit more loose so sizing down.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

sychen

by sychen

rollinslow wrote:I figured it was time for a new trial of Rapha gear. I took a break due to quality concerns but I am always open minded and appreciate what the company has done for cycling.

New kit: Pro Team II bibs, classic jersey, pro team insulated gilet.

Will start tomorrow and report back after some good usage riding around and commuting. I can say that since a few years ago the classic jersey is quite a bit more loose so sizing down.
Pro Team insulated gilet is my most used gear in winter. Pair it with thin jersey long sleeve.. Or a water/windproof (perfectto/gabba) for colder days. And it has triple pockets

Aero jersey both long and short sleeves are great. Prefer them to mid weight/classic ones these days.

Still not a fan of the bibs.. And not trying power weave.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

grayhem

by grayhem

guyc wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:39 am
Over here it would be read as PeNiS

I've just been looking at the kit actually and they've now changed it to Pas Normal Studios on a lot of them instead, so time to revisit I think.
Honestly, I spent time pondering what PNS could possibly be interpreted as and I didn't get that. Though now you've said it...

Singular

by Singular

grayhem wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:30 am
guyc wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:39 am
Over here it would be read as PeNiS

I've just been looking at the kit actually and they've now changed it to Pas Normal Studios on a lot of them instead, so time to revisit I think.
Honestly, I spent time pondering what PNS could possibly be interpreted as and I didn't get that. Though now you've said it...
Oh, you just haven't got enough of a childish mind... :D

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

their pro team jerseys and jackets are still good quality. The brevet range is also good. i feel the Classic and Core are..... as they would say, cashing out their reputation.

I recently got a powerweave bib as gift. I have already had an ASSOS S9 RS, while the powerweave panels are good but it also highlights the stuffiness around the pad area. Given the price difference i would take the S9 any time.

I will still continue my support for them as they arent just another cloth brand, they go abit beyond that and try to create a community. For me, i will stick with brevet and Pro Team range tho.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com