Etap HRD Banjo Bolt

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

185AD292-D84E-4B1D-9296-12CE80A48B32.jpeg
Having brought a 2nd hand etap hrd setup recently I was disappointed to find I'm missing a vital part when looking through the box. The part I'm missing is the banjo bolt that connects the hose to the caliper, it's a torx headed bolt with three o-rings on it. Having looked on the internet I can't seem to find them anywhere for sale? Does anyone know where I might get one? Cheers
5F50BDB6-9E8C-4088-9196-C22D24ECD031.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Contact the seller and tell them you are missing parts? Looking in the spare parts catalog there is no bolt kit listed for these calipers, and it does not seem to be included in the hydraulic hose kit either. There is however a bolt kit for the Level TLM/Ultimate A1 calipers (identical to eTap post mount calipers, just different finish/graphics) which appear to include the bolt, part number 11.5018.021.007.

As it happens I do have two such bolts but I'm not yet sure whether I will need them or not. I have a pair of Red 22 levers originally with hydraulic rim brakes, intending a conversion to disc I bought eTap flat mount calipers but didn't realise the hose direction had been reversed. This created a bit of an issue with finding a combination of hoses and fittings that would work. I hope to have solved it now (with a bolt kit for Guide RSC B1 calipers) but would rather not sell the original bolts before I have confirmed it so…

RTSM

by RTSM

Jagwire sells hydrallic hose and parts, go to the Jagwire website and look for the hydrallic hose parts. I have been using their hoses and adapters and they are a good quality.
Best of luck.

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

RTSM wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:30 pm
Jagwire sells hydrallic hose and parts, go to the Jagwire website and look for the hydrallic hose parts. I have been using their hoses and adapters and they are a good quality.
Best of luck.
The jag wire kit won’t work since the bolt missing is a part of the caliper and not a part of any hose repcement kit.

As mentioned before the bolt from the Level MTV brake calipers will work, but getting that bolt could be a chore. If it’s possible for the OP he should request a return since the caliper is not useable without that bolt.
MayhemSWE wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:05 am
As it happens I do have two such bolts but I'm not yet sure whether I will need them or not. I have a pair of Red 22 levers originally with hydraulic rim brakes, intending a conversion to disc I bought eTap flat mount calipers but didn't realise the hose direction had been reversed. This created a bit of an issue with finding a combination of hoses and fittings that would work. I hope to have solved it now (with a bolt kit for Guide RSC B1 calipers) but would rather not sell the original bolts before I have confirmed it so…
I was told by sram tech that the HRR shifters aren’t compatible with HRD, but theyre infamous for dissuading any type of compatibility beyond what’s available via retail purchase. That being said there are Red mech HRD calipers available instead of having to hack together the etap HRD brakes and other odd hoses to work.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Page 33 here: https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sit ... mbargo.pdf

Looks like it only comes with a replacement caliper.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 am
Page 33 here: https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sit ... mbargo.pdf

Looks like it only comes with a replacement caliper.
Page 142 of that same catalog shows the replacement bolt for the level calipers which are the exact same as the etap HRD calipers as discusses before.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

yinzerniner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:51 am

Page 142 of that same catalog shows the replacement bolt for the level calipers which are the exact same as the etap HRD calipers as discusses before.

Yeah, I also didn't realize MayhemSWE had already mentioned the p/n.

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

Thanks for all your help. I have spoke to the buyer and they are trying to find me a bolt. I had seen the level bolt kit but I was unable to confirm if the banjo was in it. I'm not sure if anyone is in the trade and could confirm if it is or not? Cheers

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

HillClimbTom wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:48 am
Thanks for all your help. I have spoke to the buyer and they are trying to find me a bolt. I had seen the level bolt kit but I was unable to confirm if the banjo was in it. I'm not sure if anyone is in the trade and could confirm if it is or not? Cheers
The banjo comes attached to the end of the SRAM hose and is included in the SRAM hose kit.

The level bolt kit doesn't come with a banjo.

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

MayhemSWE wrote:
Contact the seller and tell them you are missing parts? Looking in the spare parts catalog there is no bolt kit listed for these calipers, and it does not seem to be included in the hydraulic hose kit either. There is however a bolt kit for the Level TLM/Ultimate A1 calipers (identical to eTap post mount calipers, just different finish/graphics) which appear to include the bolt, part number 11.5018.021.007.

If you do not need the bolts and want to sell one at some point then please let me know! Cheers

Roadrunnernorth

by Roadrunnernorth

HillClimbTom wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 pm
MayhemSWE wrote:

If you do not need the bolts and want to sell one at some point then please let me know! Cheers
Did you manage to find these banjo bolts as separate item? Facing same issue..

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

Roadrunnernorth wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 pm
HillClimbTom wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 pm
MayhemSWE wrote:

Did you manage to find these banjo bolts as separate item? Facing same issue..
Unfortunately not.

wren

by wren

Hello,

I am looking for some help. I have the SRAM eTap HRD calipers and levers. Unfortunately, the brake hose has been cut by the caliper end, rendering the banjo useless (I believe). Does anyone know if I can get non SRAM banjo's and bolts to fit the line and eTap caliper please?
Thank you.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

wren wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 pm
I have the SRAM eTap HRD calipers and levers. Unfortunately, the brake hose has been cut by the caliper end, rendering the banjo useless (I believe). Does anyone know if I can get non SRAM banjo's and bolts to fit the line and eTap caliper please?
Orchidtrade Store on AliExpress have kits with banjos which should be suitable, the correct kit is the one labeled SRAM/Avid 4.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32914044431.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974987089.html

Bought a couple kits myself in order to hook up eTap HydroHC calipers to mechanical Red HydroR levers but haven't gotten around to building the bike yet…

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Whoa, I better check mine. Bought a used HRD set too.

Edit

Is it this bolt?
Attachments
20200629_174811.jpg