Need advice: Supersix or Izalco Max?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

adam0bmx0

by adam0bmx0

666pounder wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Thanks for the photos reedplayer! FSA looks very promising.
Cinelli Neos looks good as well, even though not sure if I like the graphic. But the price, weight and shape are good. So I'll probably choose from one of those:
Fsa K-froce light, Zipp SL 70 or Cinelli Ineos.

Btw. your focus looks sweet, love the blue decals!
I have Cinelli Neos (40cm) with an Extralite stem, i like the bars, good feel and curve to them, and very light!

I also have Specialized S-works carbon bars, in 40cm, these are also short reach, around 70mm and light.

666pounder

by 666pounder

And what do you thik about those:
https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... price_desc
66mm reach, good weight and price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mendiz

by mendiz

I bought AX 4200 handlebar, very good finish although Schmolke has more stiffness. I bought besides I like AX lightness like brand, because that short reach, the shortest of any handlebar with 66 mm
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

666pounder

by 666pounder

Here's the bike. Not the best photo, sorry, but looks beautiful in the flesh. I have it for a few days, but havent ridden it yet, wating for the handelbars and stem. I guess I'll go for a ride during the weekend and will take a better pictures. I weighted it today, 7.1 kg with pedals.; so I'm quite happy about the weight as it has a lot of heavy parts, especailly the wheels are around 1700 g. Saddle and seatpost are also quite heavy.
Attachments
Focus Izalco Max
Focus Izalco Max

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Looks great!
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

reedplayer

by reedplayer

my favorite "paintjob", next to "candy red" version. better pictures appreciated! regards

666pounder

by 666pounder

Helo again!

So I went with zipp sl70 in the end, just to close that down. Not the lightest, but I'm very happy with them after a few weeks of riding. The reach is exactly as I wanted with them and 120 mm stem.

I revive this topic, because I want to buy a new saddle. I've decided to go with Berk Lupina padded as it looks great and has lots of positive reviews. The shape also looks similar to Prologo sadlle wich I'm riding now and has no problem with it. I have 2 questions:

The saddle is slammed quite forward as you can see on the photos. Is it a problem with carbon rails (7x9 oval)? Will I need a zero offset seatpost as well? (It's my plan anyway, but I upgrade it very slowly, becuase I can't spend all my money just on the bike and those lightweight parts are quiet expensive :) )

The second question is width of the seddle. Can't decide which one to go. I've never experiment with saddles, just been riding what was on the bike. My current Porlogo saddle has width of 150 mm. But I meassured myself and my seat bones are quite narrow, around 10 cm. So should i risk it with 132 mm, or go with 150 mm? What are your experiences?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
IMG_20191130_172017.jpg
IMG_20190929_133410 (1).jpg

DaveS

by DaveS

I'd ask why the saddle is so far forward. Try a 10mm shorter stem and move the saddle back 10mm. It might surprise you. Forget about KOP.

666pounder

by 666pounder

I have problem that I have longer calf so with shorter stem my legs are hitting the handelbars on steep hills, that 1cm makes a big differnce for me. (I also changed 80 mm reach handelbars for 70 mm handlebars just to have the same reach but longer stem) But the saddle is not because of the reach, just been riding like this for 7 years (I had zere offset seatpost on my old bike, so this position should be the same as on my old bike)

DaveS

by DaveS

666pounder wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:38 pm
I have problem that I have longer calf so with shorter stem my legs are hitting the handelbars on steep hills, that 1cm makes a big differnce for me. (I also changed 80 mm reach handelbars for 70 mm handlebars just to have the same reach but longer stem) But the saddle is not because of the reach, just been riding like this for 7 years (I had zere offset seatpost on my old bike, so this position should be the same as on my old bike)
What part of your legs hits the bars? I can't imagine hitting the bars while pedaling seated. If you are, that's because the saddle is too far forward. I have long legs and short torso, so I use 80mm reach ec90 bars. My leg length is largely in the lower leg.