Help me build my new Pinarello Dogma F8 dream bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rendered

by rendered

Like the title says, Help me build my new Pinarello Dogma F8 dream bike!

Parts that I already have Brand new waiting to be built up -

Frame - new Pinarello Dogma F8 frame 53cm Myway Blue (rim brake)

Wheels - Campagnolo Shamal Ultra C17 Clincher Dark edition (everyday wheels for now, will be building another set of carbon aero dream wheels, Tune, King or DT Swiss hubs and Enve or Schmolke carbon rims eventually)

Tires - New Continental Grand Prix 5000 700c 25mm and Continental 28 race tubes

Saddle - various Fizik Arione Ti and Ki rail and Selle Italia SLR carbon rail white saddles.

Now the rest will be fun - What group set and remaining parts would complete this dream bike build?

I have a like new Campagnolo 10spd Record Ti (Carbon everything) groupset available but having a hard time deciding whether I'm doing this new bike justice or not with a 10spd groupo rather than purchasing a new 12spd Chorus or Record Groupo... Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

So, how would you build your dream Pinarello Dogma up?

MountainAddict

by MountainAddict

rendered wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 am
So, how would you build your dream Pinarello Dogma up?
With Di2 - 8050 or 9150, 11-30 in the back, 53/39 up front. Bar-end junction of course. Integrated bar/stem with internal cable routing (pick whichever one is most aesthetically pleasing to you).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

ETap 11 or Campy EPS 11

My F8 runs very well on ETap right now.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

rendered

by rendered

Everyone seems to be recommending Electronic groupsets.... Is it really that much better than Mechanical?

what is a Bar-end junction?

I'm going to have to stick with Campagnolo for now I believe... How would a Version 1 Super Record groupset from 2014 be? The original versions were not good?

audiojan

by audiojan

I built my F8 with Campy Record EPS, Most Aero integrated handlebars, Enve 4.5 wheels. It's a stunning bike and rides even better. It's the best decending bike I've ever owned or ridden (and that's well over 30 bikes in the last 20 some years).
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

KarlC

by KarlC

rendered wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:24 am
Everyone seems to be recommending Electronic groupsets.... Is it really that much better than Mechanical?

I'm going to have to stick with Campagnolo for now I believe... How would a Version 1 Super Record groupset from 2014 be? The original versions were not good?
Electronic groupsets with less exposed wires go very well with aero bikes right ?
audiojan wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:29 pm
I built my F8 with Campy Record EPS, Most Aero integrated handlebars, Enve 4.5 wheels. It's a stunning bike and rides even better. It's the best decending bike I've ever owned or ridden (and that's well over 30 bikes in the last 20 some years).
I have to agree with this, Im really enjoying my new to me F8, so much so that I sold off other extra bikes now.

Its just a great all around bike, its pretty amazing how many people comment on how much they like them also.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

rendered

by rendered

That's great to know!! thanks everyone. How does Sram red AXS etap compare to Campagnolo Record or SR EPS?

Looking into if I can run Sram 11 or 12spd or Shimano 11spd Di2 with my Campagnolo Shamal Ultra dark wheels.... Or maybe I wait until Shimano releases 12spd Di2? Everyone seems to be recommending Shimano Di2 over anything else for some reason?

arty118

by arty118

rendered wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:49 am
That's great to know!! thanks everyone. How does Sram red AXS etap compare to Campagnolo Record or SR EPS?

Looking into if I can run Sram 11 or 12spd or Shimano 11spd Di2 with my Campagnolo Shamal Ultra dark wheels.... Or maybe I wait until Shimano releases 12spd Di2? Everyone seems to be recommending Shimano Di2 over anything else for some reason?
New Shimano 12 speed is expected to be announced sometime in 2020 and it should be quite a while until available for purchase.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

rendered wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:24 am

Older Di2 systems had the connections under the BB then the stem. Shimano made the junction box able to fit where the bar-end plug goes.

Newer frames allow a junction to be placed in the downtube. Check out GCN videos.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

rendered

by rendered

What's the best Bar and stem company to buy these days? my LBS is pushing Deda

LionelB

by LionelB

Bora Ultra, SR EPS 12, MOST aerobar.

hannawald

by hannawald

rendered wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Deda is fine and fits italian bike well. I doubt there is anything like universal best for stems and bars:) depends on the drivetrain, if you have Shimano, you can use Pro components as Sky. They are very good. Vision, FSA..but Deda is also used by pro teams, you need to judge how their shape and graphics match your bike.
Btw you will find many Pinarellos here on weightweenies so you have lots of inspiration.

KarlC

by KarlC

FSA -12 stem stem looks very good on the F8 / F10 frame

Pina Most Aero stem look goos as well.....

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

rendered

by rendered

hannawald wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:57 pm
rendered wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Deda is fine and fits italian bike well. I doubt there is anything like universal best for stems and bars:) depends on the drivetrain, if you have Shimano, you can use Pro components as Sky. They are very good. Vision, FSA..but Deda is also used by pro teams, you need to judge how their shape and graphics match your bike.
Btw you will find many Pinarellos here on weightweenies so you have lots of inspiration.

Great advice!! and yes, love seeing all the other Pinarello bikes here!! Great inspiration!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rendered

by rendered

KarlC wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:41 pm
FSA -12 stem stem looks very good on the F8 / F10 frame

Pina Most Aero stem look goos as well.....

Gorgeous!! keep em coming! 8)