Specialized Mirror 3D-printed saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Do you guys reckon it's worth giving the mirror a shot even though i don't like my power as much anymore as i tend to get numbness issues all of a sudden?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

scapewalker wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:59 am
Do you guys reckon it's worth giving the mirror a shot even though i don't like my power as much anymore as i tend to get numbness issues all of a sudden?
If the shape is wrong for you, the risk is that you end up going wrong.
But i am the last guy to talk reason when it comes to buying saddles.
I have tried about 25 and bought 20.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Szalon

by Szalon

Szalon wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:11 pm
Torbjorn wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:37 pm
I've been plagued by saddle discomfort for years, struggling to find a saddle/position where I'm comfortable. I've been scouring the web and European stores for this saddle, where I've been told it's out of stock, with some dealers saying it won't be available before December (!). Yesterday I walked into a bike store in north-Italy, and found it glaring at me. I snagged it right away. Surprisingly, I received an email later in the evening from a second store that I had been contacting, telling me that they have two in stock (size 143), so I'm sharing it with you here: https://www.bicisportivrea.com/s-works- ... r-143.html
Thanks a lot! :beerchug: I write the store because I only able to choose Italian address for the shipping... no other option. I hope they will send to me.
It looks like the saddle already is on its way to me! That store was super fast and helpful! Big thanks again for the sharing! I will report back my experience as soon as I tryed it.
Dogma F12 - 6,65kg

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Anyone know if Specialized is going to make a Power Arc Mirror saddle? The standard Power is a little too flat for me, the Power Arc fits me better. I'm currently using an S-Works Power Arc 143.

ichobi

by ichobi

HaroldC wrote:Anyone know if Specialized is going to make a Power Arc Mirror saddle? The standard Power is a little too flat for me, the Power Arc fits me better. I'm currently using an S-Works Power Arc 143.
We are in exactly the same position. I wish they do, and soon.

mf22433

by mf22433

HaroldC wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:51 pm
Anyone know if Specialized is going to make a Power Arc Mirror saddle? The standard Power is a little too flat for me, the Power Arc fits me better. I'm currently using an S-Works Power Arc 143.
I have both the Power, Power Arc (which suits me better) and I just received the Mirror... I think the Mirror is actually closer to the Power Arc than the Power. It is certainly not as flat as the Power.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

mf22433 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 pm
I have both the Power, Power Arc (which suits me better) and I just received the Mirror... I think the Mirror is actually closer to the Power Arc than the Power. It is certainly not as flat as the Power.
Interesting..... I'm trying to find photos from the front to compare the Power, Power Arc and Mirror.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

leej88 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks to leej88 for the photo. It looks to me that the Mirror is a little more rounded than the Power. What does everyone think?

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Szalon wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:37 pm
Szalon wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:11 pm
Torbjorn wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:37 pm
I've been plagued by saddle discomfort for years, struggling to find a saddle/position where I'm comfortable. I've been scouring the web and European stores for this saddle, where I've been told it's out of stock, with some dealers saying it won't be available before December (!). Yesterday I walked into a bike store in north-Italy, and found it glaring at me. I snagged it right away. Surprisingly, I received an email later in the evening from a second store that I had been contacting, telling me that they have two in stock (size 143), so I'm sharing it with you here: https://www.bicisportivrea.com/s-works- ... r-143.html
Thanks a lot! :beerchug: I write the store because I only able to choose Italian address for the shipping... no other option. I hope they will send to me.
It looks like the saddle already is on its way to me! That store was super fast and helpful! Big thanks again for the sharing! I will report back my experience as soon as I tryed it.
Glad you got it, hope it will work out for you!

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

mf22433 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 pm
HaroldC wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:51 pm
Yes I agree.

Also, it donesn't really feel like either for me. Miles better.

Literally been set and forget so far and every other saddle I have ever had has been a never ending tinker to try and find more comfort!!

So impressed at this stage.

Couple of hundred miles in now, so every more hopeful it;s the real deal!!

Paperboy

by Paperboy

Does the seat material cause any friction with bib shorts?

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

ichobi wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:56 pm
HaroldC wrote:Anyone know if Specialized is going to make a Power Arc Mirror saddle? The standard Power is a little too flat for me, the Power Arc fits me better. I'm currently using an S-Works Power Arc 143.
We are in exactly the same position. I wish they do, and soon.
I'm in same boat. I'm on the mirror now and no problems since October. The saddle is more rounded than traditional power. I think you're going to be fine.
Are more saddle in mirror coming yes.

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

~100 miles with the saddle and its been great. Coming from a Power Elaston/Pro Stealth, the Mirror is more comfortable. Feels like it keeps me in place better, also feels like you sink into the saddle a bit. As others have mentioned, it really feels like a "set it and forget it" experience.

Sworks Tarmac SL8 - 7.09kg
LS Ultimate (7.89kg), Tarmac SL7 (7.56kg), Aethos (7.00kg), Venge (7.59 kg), Roubaix Team (7.53 kg) - Sold

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

143 & 155 only?

I ride a 168 Romin EVO gel.

I guess I'm out of luck as Spesh never makes their nicer saddles in 168mm

kode54

by kode54

wolflikeme wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:37 pm
~100 miles with the saddle and its been great. Coming from a Power Elaston/Pro Stealth, the Mirror is more comfortable. Feels like it keeps me in place better, also feels like you sink into the saddle a bit. As others have mentioned, it really feels like a "set it and forget it" experience.
I ordered one almost 2 months ago. Got a shipping date and it was shipped. Then just last week, I got an email saying that they're out of stock. Really?
Oh well...I guess I'll have to wait to check out the Mirror saddle. Who knows when they will be replenishing stock.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com